Adding new event to wrong calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Adding new event to wrong calendar

Postby larryw » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:22 am

This is a new problem. VM 2019.06 on Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18362 Build 18362.

I have several calendars one of which is Bill Dates which is usually hidden (no check mark next to name). When I double click on a date in month view or click on New Event the dialog box opens but it's for the calendar Bill Dates and a check mark is now in the box next to the name.

Prior to this just starting I'd double click on date in month calendar and the dialog box would open with the correct calendar, Google Calendar.

There was a recent Windows 10 update so I don't know if this was the cause or if there is something else going on.

Any suggestions?
larryw

Re: Adding new event to wrong calendar

Postby larryw » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:24 pm

Well, I don't know why but it stopped behaving like that and now when I open the add event from any option it does not want to add to my bills calendar.

I had the irritating behavior for 2 days and then it stopped. Anyone have any ideas why?
larryw

Postby VueSoft » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:12 pm

Hi Larry, look at the "Default calendar" field below the calendar list. That's the calendar that will be the default when double-clicking to create a new event. By default, when you activate a calendar (by clicking the calendar's name) or when you select an event, that calendar will become the default.

If you don't like that behavior, you can select a default calendar from the drop-down list and then click the lock button to prevent the default calendar selection from automatically changing.

Please see the "Default Calendar" section in the documentation linked below for more details:
https://www.vueminder.com/products/vuem ... rlist.html

Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby larryw » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Thank you but that was the problem. My default calendar wasn't the one that opened when adding an event, it was Bills. Thus I couldn't figure out what was going on. Since there'd been no updates to VM I assumed it was something else but never did figure that out. All of a sudden it went back to the correct behavior.
larryw

Return to Technical Support