Vueminder syncing issue being affected by Norton Security

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Vueminder syncing issue being affected by Norton Security

Postby unitedtherapy » Sat May 11, 2019 7:32 pm

Dan,
Vueminder is currently being blocked by Norton Security Online on Windows 10 on Stephanie's computer. The only way to make it so that Stephanie can see what I see in Vueminder Ultimate is to go to Export Events from Vueminder Ultimate to my external hard drive, and then take my hard drive and import into Stephanie's computer into Vueminder and then once I manually import everything she will then see it in Vueminder but if I sync everything in Vueminder Stephanie will then see it. But if I just use the sync button in general without exporting and importing Stephanie will not see anything in I see in Vueminder. How do we tell Norton Security Online not to block Vueminder ultimate on Stephanie's computer so that when i click the sync button it syncs to both computers instead of just mine, so i don't have to export and import manually? Plus how do we get Norton Online Security to allow on Stephanie's computer like it does on mine which will be shown in this screenshot that is attached to this message.
Attachments
Norton Antivirus not blocking vueminder.PNG
Norton Antivirus not blocking vueminder.PNG (20.77 KiB) Viewed 44 times
unitedtherapy

Re: Vueminder syncing issue being affected by Norton Securit

Postby VueSoft » Mon May 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Are you seeing some indication that Norton is definitely blocking VueMinder? It looks like your firewall settings shouldn't block VueMinder, so I'm not sure this has anything to do with Norton.

How is your calendar configured to automatically sync? Are you sharing the calendar through MySQL Server (instructions linked below)?
https://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php

If you're syncing through Google Calendar, try removing and re-adding the synced calendar on Stephanie's computer. To remove the calendar, right-click its name and select "Delete Calendar". To re-add, use the "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Google Calendar" menu command. Make sure to add the same calendar that is synced on the your computer.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Vueminder syncing issue being affected by Norton Securit

Postby unitedtherapy » Tue May 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi Dan,
We just wanted to let you know that VueMinder is now working Stephanie is seeing every thing that I am United Therapy's Calendar was not there.
I synced it back to VueMinder and now it is working.
Thanks for your help Dan.
unitedtherapy

Return to Technical Support