VueMinder Pro update to Lifetime Protection

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Re: VueMinder Pro update to Lifetime Protection

Postby VickiB » Thu May 02, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi! I have my new computer and have downloaded the software and added the saved back up. It was working fine yesterday. This morning a messaged popped up about automatic backing up. I clicked okay and got the error message below saying that backup is denied.

Any suggestions on how to correct this? My new computer is a Windows 10.

Vickie
Attachments
A backup is denied.png
A backup is denied.png (270.66 KiB) Viewed 1382 times
VickiB

Postby VueSoft » Thu May 02, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi Vickie, my guess is that you have a different user name (not Quazer9) on your new computer. VueMinder is trying to back up to a folder that doesn't exist or that you can't access because it's under a different user account. To fix the problem, click the "..." button on the right side of the "to folder" field, and pick a different folder (preferably on a secondary drive) that you can access.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VickiB » Thu May 02, 2019 6:55 pm

I just discovered I have two different "Document" folders, one is located in OneDrive, the other is located in This PC. They are identical and have the VueMinder Pro backup file folder in each. The one in the attachment below shows the OneDrive folder in File Explorer. Windows 7 does not have "OneDrive."

I had HP tech uninstall OneDrive from my computer. Obviously, that did not remove the duplicate folder(s). OneDrive backup was completely out of space and wasI required to pay to increase size (which I didn't). It was unnecessary. I have external hard drives that I can back up important folders on, which I own. I think that is why I have two Document folders. One was created and connected to the OneDrive when it back up up my files in C Drive.

I had the HP tech make my default drive D: (data), which is much larger, near 2TB. I left only C: Drive (257 GB) for software & apps.

Should I go into VueMinder Pro "File" and select "backup" and then browser for the backup folder that is in This PC?
Would that fix the link pathway problem?

Let me know.
Attachments
Name was changed for user account.png
Name was changed for user account.png (21.21 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
VickiB

Postby VueSoft » Thu May 02, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi Vickie, thank you for the information. I'd suggest using the "File -> Backup Data" menu command to change the folder where VueMinder backs up its data, to a folder that you can access. This should fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VickiB » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:15 am

I need to update my Vueminder Pro. I have purchased the Lifetime Update version of Vueminder Pro (01-2019) but apparently I failed to save the code that needs insertion when updating. The only code I have is the first one I got when I first purchased Vueminder Pro in 2017. Can you please send it to me again. I would really appreciate it.

Hopefully this will eliminate the pop up I keep getting that "a program is trying to access the email address information stored in Outlook. I have been getting this same error message whenever I turn on my computer and Outlook 2019 loads. I have to allow the program access for 1 to 5 minutes and click allow for the pop-up to disappear. This has been happening since the last week of September 2019. I can't include a picture of error message as I don't know how to use your "Img" thing.

I completely uninstalled McAfee as Microsoft support technicians thought that was the problem and am using Windows Defender's antivirus. I still got the error message pop-up today when turning on my computer. As far as I know not aware of any other program on my computer the needs to access my Outlook's address information.

Thank you!
VickiB

Postby VickiB » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:43 am

I made a mistake of entering the old code trying to get it to update and now it says the code is expired (which it is) and now I have to re-purchase a Lifetime Protection plan to be able to update my Vueminder Pro. I can't afford to pay another $59.95. What do I do?
VickiB

Postby VueSoft » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:31 pm

I made a mistake of entering the old code trying to get it to update and now it says the code is expired (which it is) and now I have to re-purchase a Lifetime Protection plan to be able to update my Vueminder Pro. I can't afford to pay another $59.95. What do I do?

I sent you an email with the correct code. If you don't see my email, please check your spam folder.

Hopefully this will eliminate the pop up I keep getting that "a program is trying to access the email address information stored in Outlook. I have been getting this same error message whenever I turn on my computer and Outlook 2019 loads.

Updating to the latest version might fix the warning, or it might not. The message you’re seeing will usually appear when Outlook doesn’t recognize your antivirus software or when your antivirus software is out of date.

If your antivirus software is up-to-date but you still see this message, open the Trust Center settings in Outlook and click the “Programmatic Access” group. If Outlook recognizes your antivirus software, you’ll see "Antivirus status: Valid" on the Trust Center window.

If the antivirus status isn’t valid, you might need to either switch to a different antivirus solution, or configure Outlook to properly recognize what you are using. You could also click the “Never warn me” option (if enabled), but that might open up Outlook to other security vulnerabilities.

If you don't need to sync VueMinder with Outlook, open the Calendar Properties of the calendar (or calendars) in VueMinder that was configured to sync. You can open the Calendar Properties by double-clicking the calendar's name in the calendar list. Click the Sync tab. If "Sync with Microsoft Outlook" is checked, check "Do not sync" and then click the OK button. Outlook should stop warning you after you disable syncing - unless something other than VueMinder is trying to access Outlook...
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VickiB » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi, Dan.

In Trust Center under Programmatic Access. It does say Valid. The area is grayed out so no changes can be made. This is after I uninstalled McAfee and activated Windows Defender. I still get the error message.

I do need Outlook to link with Vueminder Pro as I use the Microsoft Calendar on my iPad Mini, which I carry when I leave the house. It has all my appointments.

I've sent you a reply email to the one you sent me with the code, with the "error pop-up shown.

I will keep contacting Microsoft Support until I can get someone to come in and figure out what is causing this.

As for putting in the new code for my Lifetime Protection plan that I purchased this year, I will try cleaning the cookies and history in my Mozilla Firefox. This may have no affect. When I try to put the code in so I can get my 2019 update, since I mistakenly used the old code, it keeps saying I need to renew and opens up a browser in my Mozilla Firefox.

I hope I don't have uninstall Vueminder Pro and reinstall it using the new code. I do have it backed up. But the most recent one hasn't shown up in my folder on my desktop. If I have to do this I will lose some of my appointments. The most recent date shows up in Vueminder Pro list, but not in my folder on my desktop though it does show that pathway, in Vueminder Pro backup window.

Thanks for your consideration and kindness.

Vickie
VickiB

Postby VickiB » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:25 pm

Here is proof that I purchased Vueminder Pro Lifetime (No Expiration) coverage on February 20, 2019

Thank You For Your Order
Order ID: VUE190220-3604-74141
Purchased February 20, 2019
Charges will appear on your bill as: PP* FS vueminder
Update Protection - Lifetime (No Expiration)
$59.95
Tax (0%)
$0.00
Total
$59.95

Lifetime Update Protection Code
Your update protection code is provided below:
xxxxxxxx
To enter this code, first ensure the licensed version of VueMinder Pro has been installed. Next, click the "About VueMinder Pro" command under the Help menu. Copy and paste the code provided above into the About window. A message will appear confirming the code has been accepted.
Entering this update protection code will allow you to receive free product updates, including major new releases, for the lifetime of the product. This code will never expire.
Please save your update protection code or print a copy for your records, as you may need to re-enter this code if the software is reinstalled. Thanks again for your purchase, and please let us know if you have any questions.

Now how do I get VueMinder Pro to update. It won't allow me to. It insists I renew. Please advise me what to do. Thank you! :o)
Attachments
Vueminder Pro says my Protection has expired..png
Vueminder Pro says my Protection has expired..png (102.32 KiB) Viewed 740 times
VickiB

Postby VueSoft » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi Vickie, you'll need to enter your lifetime update protection code. Click the "Help -> About VueMinder Pro" menu command. Delete the previous update protection code (it's just a text field - select the text and press the Delete key). After doing that, copy the lifetime update protection code you received and paste it into the text field on the About VueMinder Window. A message should appear indicating your update protection code has been accepted. You can then use the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command to update to the latest version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Support