Vueminder is asking to connect to google chrome

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Vueminder is asking to connect to google chrome

Postby unitedtherapy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi Dan,
Every time Stephanie turns on her computer VueMinder is asking google to connect to VueMinder through Google Chrome even though Stephanie has already done this VueMinder does this every time that Stephanie turns on her computer, even if she does not click on Google Chrome to look something up.
unitedtherapy

Re: Vueminder is asking to connect to google chrome

Postby VueSoft » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:01 pm

This sounds like something I thought had been fixed in version 2019.05. Is Stephanie running with the latest version? To check, click the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.

If Stephanie still sees this problem after updating to version 2019.05, there might be something wrong with her VueMinder installation. To fix the problem, use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder (this won’t remove any data). Reboot after uninstalling. Next, download and reinstall using the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby unitedtherapy » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi Dan
we did exactly what you said to do to fix VueMinder an it wiped everything out of VueMinder an wen we tryed to reconnect VueMinder to Google so that Stephanie can see what I see we git this era it is not working at all.
Attachments
Vueminder Ultimate Syncing error after doing what you said.PNG
Vueminder Ultimate Syncing error after doing what you said.PNG (29.59 KiB) Viewed 775 times
unitedtherapy

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:27 pm

Hmm, reinstalling VueMinder should not have affected your data. I'm not sure what happened there. Did you use a 3rd party tool to uninstall, such as Revo Uninstaller? If so, that would explain what happened. In any case, you can recover the previous data using the "File -> Restore Data" menu command, assuming all your backups didn't get deleted too.

Regarding the problem with connecting to Google Calendar, my guess is that something is preventing local web services from running on Stephanie's computer. Please run cmd.exe as administrator and then enter the following command (you need a space after the equal sign and not before):

Code: Select all
sc config http start= demand

Reboot after entering this command and then try authorizing VueMinder to access Google Calendar again.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby unitedtherapy » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:12 pm

Dan,
Stephanie typed the command that you said to type it returned with an error, then Stephanie has zero contacts in VueMinder ultimate, Stanley has 16 contacts after the restore data and before restoring data.
Stanley did not restore data in VueMinder ultimate on his computer, just Stephanie did.
Stanley's computer is working fine in VueMinder ultimate.
Stephanie's computer is the only computer that is currently experiencing issues and problems with VueMinder ultimate working correctly on it.
Also, VueMinder ultimate never came up in google chrome or Microsoft edge to give google access to VueMinder ultimate on Stephanie's computer.
but before the restore data was done on Stephanie's computer in VueMinder ultimate it always did, not anymore it does not.
On Stephanie's computer in VueMinder under the month tab n VueMinder currently sees all of her reoccurrences in the day tab in VueMinder, Stephanie only sees some of the events created in VueMinder, only the old events, not all of them and none of the new events that are currently created in VueMinder.
In Events, for Events listed by date in the events tab in VueMinder on the day tab in VueMinder ultimate Stephanie sees none of these events on the VueMinder Ultimate calendar day tab currently in the day tab in VueMinder ultimate. Stanley and I currently have different restore dates on our computers in VueMinder ultimate in restore data the dates and times are not the same in VueMinder ultimate they do not match up at all.
unitedtherapy

Postby VueSoft » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:30 pm

Thank you for the information. I'll let you know if I think of anything else to try.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby unitedtherapy » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi Dan,
Stephanie and I did everything you said to do in your last message to us, and now Stephanie is seeing everything on her computer in VueMinder Ultimate except contacts, I have 21 contacts in VueMinder Ultimate and Stephanie has 0.
unitedtherapy

Postby VueSoft » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:20 am

VueMinder can't sync contacts between multiple Google accounts. You can share contacts through MySQL Server:
https://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php

You can also export contacts using the "File -> Export -> Export Contacts" menu command. Choose the "Outlook CSV format". Copy the CSV file to the computer where contacts aren't appearing and use the "File -> Import -> Import Contacts" menu command.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby unitedtherapy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi Dan I am trying to share contacts to Stephanie using mySQL server wen I run the mysql server installer on my computer I select the components that you said to as is shown but wen I click next there is only 2 items an not 3 what am I doing rong?
Attachments
2.PNG
2.PNG (155.8 KiB) Viewed 555 times
.screen shot number 1.PNG
.screen shot number 1.PNG (253.66 KiB) Viewed 555 times
unitedtherapy

Postby VueSoft » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:45 pm

Looks like you're missing some prerequisites. The MySQL Server installation should be able to automatically resolve the missing prerequisites. Click the "Execute" button.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Next

Return to Technical Support