Copy/paste color, or view exact color of an existing event

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Copy/paste color, or view exact color of an existing event

Postby chota300 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:27 pm

I created a new event and gave it a custom fill color.
Like many others I suppose, I later changed my mind and wanted to use a fill color matching a different existing event.
It is easy to pick a color from the charts, but I find it very, very difficult to pick a color from any chart that matches the exact color of a different event.
( I come close, but I rarely find an exact match, and I see the difference afterward. )
I would like to copy/paste a fill/etc color from one event to another.
Or alternatively, and maybe easier to implement, I would like to see the color of an existing event outlined on it's drop down chart. If I could see where the exact color is on the chart, I could pick from the same spot on the chart for the new event.
( Maybe it is my fault, but I have the same problem with many Windows products. So I do not blame VM at all. )
This is not a big deal, not a real problem, not a bug.
If either feature was added some day, that would be great. If not, I still like VM a lot.
Thank you.
chota300

Re: Copy/paste color, or view exact color of an existing eve

Postby VueSoft » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:44 pm

Have you tried the "Edit -> Copy Appearance" and "Edit -> Paste Appearance" menu commands? Copy the appearance of a selected event. Select a different event and paste the appearance. Does that do what you're looking for?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Copy/paste color, or view exact color of an existing eve

Postby chota300 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Yes, that seems to work.
I had used only right-click to see my options, and missed other options on the edit menu.
And I guess I missed it again when I searched help.
Case closed.
Thank you again.
chota300

Return to Suggestions