VueMinder Pro update to Lifetime Protection

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

VueMinder Pro update to Lifetime Protection

Postby VickiB » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:14 pm

I just purchased the Lifetime Protection, but don't now to update my 2018 VueMinder Pro calendar. I don't know where to find the place to add the new code into my existing software. Or do I have to uninstall the version I have and re-install a new version? If I do where would I put the protection code in it?

Please advise.

Thank you.
VickiB

Re: VueMinder Pro update to Lifetime Protection

Postby VueSoft » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Thank you for purchasing lifetime updates. To enter the new code, click the "Help -> About VueMinder Pro" menu command. If you previously entered a code on this window, delete that code and then type (or paste) the new code.

If you don't see a "Help -> About VueMinder Pro" menu command, or if you see a "Buy Now" button on the toolbar, then you're running the trial version. If that's the case, please send an email to support@vueminder.com and request a replacement license installer. After installing the license, you should see a "Help -> About VueMinder Pro" menu command where your update protection code can be entered.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VickiB » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:07 pm

Thanks so much!! Love VueMinder Pro!!
VickiB

Postby VickiB » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:28 pm

I don't know how to create a new post on the forum. I can't find a link on the main page anywhere, so I am replying to my most recent posting.

I am getting a new computer at the end of this week. Windows is phasing out Windows 7 (no new security updates, etc., as of 1/14/2020) and my computer is to old to use Windows 10. I have saved and backed up a download for the most recent ViewMinder Pro that I've used in the past. Is it okay to use this download to install Vueminder Pro on my new computer? I am assuming that all of my saved information on my current VueMinder Pro Calendar will show up, or will it be erased as I am using a brand new computer?

Please advise.

Thank you.
VickiB

Postby VueSoft » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:52 pm

I've sent you an email with a link to download/install the license on your new computer.

To transfer the data from one computer to another, use the “Backup Data” command on the File menu. This will generate a vbackup file, which can be copied to the other computer. On the other computer, use the “Restore Data” command on the File menu. Click the Browse button and then select the vbackup file that was copied.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VickiB » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:21 pm

I've already got VueMinder Pro installed on the computer I'm using. I really can't install another. That's the only thing the link you gave me will do. It expires on the 24th and I am supposed to be picking up my new computer at Best Buy on Saturday, the 27th. Which means I won't be able use it.

Can I use a download (which I think is the most recent) that I've saved from the last time I installed VueMinder Pro instead once I get my new computer and start setting it up. I have it saved on an external drive along with all the other downloads I need for re-installing on my new computer.

Will I be able to use the code you gave with it?

Let me know.

Thanks.
VickiB

Postby VickiB » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:41 pm

I just went ahead and backed up my data on VueMinder today, 4/22/19.

I am unable to locate the backupv file on my computer to copy. When I download, I'm afraid it won't be there on my new computer. How do I locate it now on my old computer and save the backupv file for future use? I could not locate AppData, where it is supposed to be located, on my C:drive. It certainly isn't in the two Program files I have under Vuesoft.

Once I remove my old computer, I will have no access to anything on it.

Sorry.
VickiB

Postby VueSoft » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:45 pm

Hi Vicki, you can back up your data to any folder you'd like. Click the "File -> Backup Data" menu command. Next, click the "Backup" button. A dialog will appear where you can enter a name for the backup file and choose a folder. Click the Save button after you've selected the folder where you want the backup file to be stored. You can then open File Explorer and copy the backup file. Does that make sense?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VickiB » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 am

Thanks Dan, it worked like a charm. I saved a folder for it on the desktop and will add that to my external hard drive in the "Documents" folder where I also keep a folder of backup files for my Mozilla Firefox bookmarks.

Once I have it on my new computer do I go into File Restore and will it allow me to go to the new location where I have the folder? I won't install app until the file folder has been copied over to "Documents" folder.

May I use the download application file I saved from downloads and stored? Also, can I still use the code you gave me for my lifetime protection with it? Or do I have to go to your website and download application from there. What do you think best?

Remember I can do nothing until I have the new computer, hopefully on the 27th, and there will be a lot more things that will have to be done in setting it up (Windows Updates for one) before I can even contemplate downloading all of the software I have on this computer. I copied the whole list from my Programs and Features in the Control Panel so that I won't miss any.
VickiB

Postby VueSoft » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:21 pm

You can use the same license installer and update protection code.

After you've copied the backup file to your new computer, you can use the "File -> Restore Data" menu command to restore from the backup. Click the "Browse" button on the Restore Data window to select the file.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Next

Return to Technical Support