How to get here...
- The VueMinder icon will be displayed in the
task tray, which is usually located near the lower-right
corner of your screen, on the task bar.
- If you don't see the VueMinder icon in the
task tray, the icon might be hidden. You can customize
the task tray settings to always show the VueMinder icon.
- If the icon isn't displayed or hidden, then
VueMinder probably isn't running. You can start
VueMinder using the shortcut on the desktop or
Start Menu. After starting VueMinder, its icon
should appear in the task tray.
By default, VueMinder will launch at system
startup and will be minimized to the task tray. These
settings can be modified in the
Program Options. When the main window is minimized, VueMinder will continue to run in the background to ensure
reminders are processed as needed.
CPU utilization will usually be 0% while VueMinder is
running in the background. This will occasionally increase
while reminders are being processed or calendars are being
synced. However, those operations take less than a second
and you shouldn't notice any system slowdown while VueMinder is running.
Memory use will vary. Since VueMinder is a .NET
application, the memory reported by Task Manager may be
higher than what you might expect. This is not because
VueMinder actually requires the amount of indicated
memory, but because of the way in which Windows and the .NET
Framework allocate and cache memory for .NET applications.
VueMinder can run on systems that only have 256 MB
of RAM, so do not be concerned if you see memory allocation
of 100 MB or more. This is just what Task Manager is
reporting and not what VueMinder actually uses or
needs. If other applications require the memory, Windows
will reduce the amount of memory allocated to VueMinder. Conversely, the more memory is available and
unused, the higher the allocation will be.
Task Tray Icon
An icon will be displayed in the
Task Tray (or Notification Area) of the Windows taskbar. The
exact appearance will vary depending on your version of Windows.
The example screenshots below show Windows 7 with an Aero theme.
If you don't see the icon, click the arrow button in the task
tray and select the "Customize" command.
In the customization window, select "Show icon and
notifications" for the "VueMinder" entry.
Task Tray Icon Popup Balloon
When the mouse is hovered over the VueMinder icon in the
task tray, a popup balloon show today's activities. The
popup balloon will also appear after VueMinder is started.
This option can be enabled or disabled in the
Task Tray Icon Menu
Double-clicking the icon will result in the
main window appearing. Right clicking
the icon will result in a context menu being displayed. The
commands available in the context menu are described below.
- This will restore the display of the
- Double-clicking the icon will do the same thing as selecting this menu option.
- A global keyboard shortcut can be assigned in the
Program Options window. Regardless of
what you're doing, the global hotkey can be used to quickly
display the VueMinder window.
Desktop Calendar (Full)
- This toggles the display of the
full-mode Desktop Calendar, an
semi-transparent calendar that integrates into your Windows
- As with the View Calendar command, a global keyboard
shortcut can be assigned in the
Program Options window.
When enabled, the hotkey will minimize all open windows
except for the Desktop Calendar.
Desktop Calendar (Mini)
- This toggles display of the mini
- The mini desktop calendar takes much less space than
the full-mode version.
- You can click the two Desktop Calendar options
to toggle between full and mini modes.
- The New menu expands into a submenu of commands for
creating new items.
- For detail about each submenu command, see the File menu documentation.
- This will display the
window, where recently snoozed or dismissed reminders can be
redisplayed. You can also resend previously sent email and
text message reminders.
- The Options menu expands into a submenu of commands for
adjusting VueMinder's options and settings.
- For detail about each submenu command, see the Options menu documentation.
Check for Updates
- This will open the
VueMinder Updater window, which will check if you're
using the latest version.
- If updates are available, a summary of recent changes
will be displayed and you can choose to update VueMinder to
the latest version. Version updates can include minor
releases with bug corrections, or major releases with new
- If you choose to update, the
will download the latest version, close VueMinder, and
initiate installation of the update.
- Launches a browser window to display this help
- This will open the VueMinder website,
- The VueMinder website provides many resources
to help you get the most out of VueMinder,
including community forums, blog articles, announcements,
- This will display the
window, where the program can be purchased.
- This will fully exit and unload VueMinder. The program will no
longer be running in the background if this option is
- The VueMinder icon will be removed from the Task Tray.
- Any approaching events will not have reminders displayed
or transmitted until the next time VueMinder is launched.