How to get here...
- Double-click a note calendar name in the Calendar List.
- Right-click a note calendar in the Calendar List and select the Note Calendar Properties command.
- With a note calendar selected, click the Note Calendar Properties command in the Edit menu, or press the F2 keyboard shortcut. The Properties of the currently active note calendar will be shown.
Each note calendar of the Calendar
List can have its properties individually modified. These
properties consist of appearances, defaults, and
sharing options (Ultimate version only).
The calendar can be renamed. This name will appear in the Calendar List.
A group can be specified for the calendar. Calendar groups are used in the Calendar List to group similar calendars. The assigned group can be modified by dragging and dropping the calendar in the Calendar List, or by specifying a group name in the Calendar Properties window. To select an existing group, use the drop-down button. To create a new group, type in the desired name.
Each note calendar can have its own default appearance. This appearance will be applied to any new notes belonging to the calendar. It will also be used by existing notes, if they have not been configured to override the default appearance via the Appearance tab on the Note Editor. The appearance settings can be modified as described here.
The following default settings can be defined. These are used when new notes are created.
CategoryThis is the default category to be associated with new notes belonging to this calendar. Categories can be selected by clicking the drop-down button, or new categories defined using the "..." button. One or more categories can be selected. If you don't want a default category, uncheck all the boxes in the drop-down list.
Pin to dateWhen checked, new notes will default to being pinned to the selected date in the calendar view. Notes that are not pinned to dates will only be visible in the Note List.
Sharing (VueMinder Ultimate)
When using the Ultimate version, note calendars can be shared over a local network, allowing the same notes to be viewed or modified by multiple people or from multiple computers. Note calendars are shared through VueMinder Server. Installation instructions can be found here.
To share a note calendar over the local network, check the "Share this calendar" box. If this is the first time you've shared a calendar, you may be asked to specify the server name. All computers sharing calendar data must be configured to use the same server. The server can be specified in the Sharing Options window. After sharing a note calendar, it can be added to the Calendar List on other computers by using the Add Shared Calendar From Local Network command, accessed from the File menu.
When the "Share this calendar" box is initially checked, the calendar will default to being read-only for all people on the network. You can assign a different default permission for the "(Everyone)" identifier, or you can selectively assign user permissions to override the default. In the example above, two additional users were added with "Contributor" permission, meaning they can both view and modify the calendar. All other users can only view it. Permission levels are stored securely in the shared database, using 256-bit encryption. This ensures the data is secure from unauthorized users.
To add a user permission, type the user name or select it from the drop-down list. The user name needs to match the Windows login name of the user you're sharing with. After entering a valid user name, the "Add" button will become enabled. Click the "Add" button to add the user to the list below. If it's not easy to distinguish users based on login name, you can optionally enter a more descriptive name for the user in the "Name" cell, after clicking the Add button. To override the default permission level for the user, click the "Permission Level" cell, and select from the drop-down. The following permission levels are supported:
- Contributor - The user can add, remove, or modify notes belonging to the calendar. Note colors can be changed and shared with other users. The user can also change the calendar's defaults for new notes.
- Reader - The user can view notes. The user can also change note colors, but changes are only on the local computer. Any other changes, such as modifying or deleting a note, will not be allowed.
- No Access - The user will not have any access to the calendar. If this is set as the default permission level, nobody else will be able to access the calendar unless overrides are added. If you login to multiple computers, you'll be able to access the shared calendar, but other users will not see it.
Have a Question?
Copyright © 2008-2012 VueSoft LLC. All rights reserved. VueMinder is a trademark of VueSoft LLC. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft SQL Server are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Google Calendar is a trademark of Google Inc. This documentation is subject to change without notice.