How to get here...
- Desktop alerts are automatically displayed when
enabled for a task
- The Preview button in the desktop
alert settings can be used to see how the desktop
alert will appear.
- The Recent
Reminders window can be used to redisplay previously
snoozed or dismissed desktop alerts.
Desktop alerts can be displayed to remind you of
upcoming or past-due events or tasks. This reminder type can be
specified in Event Editor
and Task Editor windows.
- A desktop alert is similar to the new message alert that
some email programs provide. It's a small, unobtrusive
window that fades into view in the lower-right corner of the
screen. Depending on your needs, you may prefer this
type of reminder over the larger
- Each desktop alert can contain a thumbnail picture and
have an associated sound that is played when the alert
- Desktop alerts can play voice reminders.
- The color of the desktop alert will match the color of
the associated event.
- Multiple desktop alerts can be displayed at the same
time. When this happens, they will be automatically
arranged so they do not overlap or obscure each other.
- Desktop alerts can be snoozed or dismissed.
When a reminder comes due, a desktop alert will be displayed
in the lower right corner, as shown in the example below.
- To open the associated event or task in the
Event Editor or
click the title, time, or location text.
- To snooze the reminder for a default or previously used
length of time, click the Snooze text in the
lower-right corner of the desktop alert. The snooze length
can be changed by expanding the menu in the upper-right
corner of the desktop alert.
- To dismiss the reminder, click the X in the upper-right
corner of the desktop alert.
- You can click and drag the reminder to any location on
your screen, where it can act as a sticky note. If the
reminder is snoozed, the next time it appears it will be the
same position where it was dragged previously.
- To view the desktop alert menu, click the down arrow in
the upper-right corner of the desktop alert.
Desktop Alert Menu
After clicking the down arrow, a context menu will be
- Help - This will launch a browser displaying this help documentation.
- Open Item - This will open the
associated event in the
Event Editor or task in the
Task Editor. You
can also open the event or task by clicking the title, time, or
location text in the desktop alert.
- Dismiss - This will dismiss and close
the desktop alert. It won't be displayed again.
You can also dismiss the reminder by clicking the X button in the
upper-right corner of the desktop alert. Note if you
accidentally dismiss the reminder, it can be easily
redisplayed by selecting the reminder from the
window or commanding Undo from the
- Snooze - This will snooze the desktop
alert for the default or previously snoozed length of time.
You can snooze for a different length of time by selecting a
value from the list. If you accidentally select
the wrong snooze time, you can redisplay the reminder from
the Recent Reminders
window or command Undo from the Edit
menu, and then select the snooze length you'd like.
The selected snooze length will be the default the next time
the reminder appears.