How to get here...
- Click the Calendar command on the
- Right-click the task
tray icon and select the Calendar command from the
- Click the Calendar tab in the
Options window after it
has been displayed by using one of the other commands in
the Options menu.
The Calendar tab of the Options
Window enables you to specify general calendar
Show Tooltips in the Calendar View
When this option is enabled, event
tooltips will be displayed in the
Calendar View and
If the "Show event descriptions in
tooltips" box is checked, the tooltips will include event
descriptions, including special formatting like embedded
pictures. Uncheck this option if you don't want to see
larger tooltips or additional details.
The tooltip size can be adjusted. If the text of the tooltip
is too small, try increasing the tooltip size to "Large" or
The following is an example of a tooltip when the option to
show descriptions in tooltips is enabled and the tooltip
size is set to Medium.
Prompt to Confirm Item Deletion
- When deleting an item, such as an event or calendar,
VueMinder will prompt to confirm the deletion, by
default. For example, when deleting an event, the following
message will be displayed.
- This prompt can be disabled by unchecking the "Prompt to
confirm item deletion" box.
- If you check the "Don't ask me again" box in the
confirmation dialog, and later change your mind and want to
see this dialog before deleting items, it can be re-enabled
via the checkbox in the Calendar Options window.
Always Apply Target Calendar Defaults When Reassigning
- When an event is reassigned from one calendar to
another using the Calendar field in the
Event Editor, the
following message will appear:
- Each calendar can have its own
default settings for new events. These defaults can
include reminders, categories, priorities, and more.
When reassigning an event, the message enables the
defaults to be assigned to the event, overwriting
- To disable the message and always apply the target
calendar's default settings, check the box on the window
and then click Yes.
- This option also be modified in the Calendar Options
window, using the checkbox labeled "Always apply target
calendar defaults when reassigning events".
Show Week Numbers
- When enabled, this option will result in week numbers
(1-53) being displayed in the week header area of the
Date Navigation Pane,
and Desktop Calendar.
- Week numbers in the Month View will only be visible if
the "Show Week Header" option in the
Month View Settings
menu is enabled.
- Two standards for week numbering are supported, Simple
Week Numbering and ISO 8601.
- Simple week numbering will cause the week containing
the first day of the year to always be numbered as 1.
This is the standard used in the United States.
- ISO 8601 week numbering will cause the week
containing the first Thursday of the year to be numbered
as 1. This is the standard used in Europe.
- Here's an example of how the Month View looks when week
numbers are enabled:
- When the showing of week numbers has been disabled, the
Month View will appear as below:
Show Day of Year Numbers
When this option is enabled, the day of the year
number will be displayed in the Details Pane when a date is selected.
The day number will also be shown in the notification icon's tooltip.
First Day of the Week
- The first day of the week will default to match your regional
settings defined in Windows.
- For example, in the USA, the
first day of the week is Sunday, while in the UK, it's Monday.
- If you prefer a different first day of the week, you can select
it from the drop-down list.
- This will affect the left-most day that is displayed in
Year View, and
- It will also affect
the Monthly and Yearly
- By default, the date and time format that is shown the
Popup Reminder Window
and List View will use a short format, based on your Windows regional settings.
- If you prefer a longer date/time be displayed, or
if you prefer a format (and language) that matches what is used
in the United States, you can select a different option from the
- Example formats based on the current date
and time will be displayed for you to select from. Note
this option is not used in text message reminders.
- Here's an example of the available date time formats
when running in France:
- When occurrence numbering is enabled for a recurring
event, in the Recurrence
tab of the Event Editor, the occurrence numbers will
be shown as (#1, #2, #3, ...) or (1st, 2nd, 3rd, ...),
depending on which numbering format is selected.
- The number of days used for listing Upcoming Events
on the Desktop Calendar
can be adjusted.
- A checkbox enables completed events to be shown or
hidden from the Upcoming Events list on the Desktop
Internet Time Server
- When syncing calendars, an internet time
server is used to ensure the timestamps are correct in relation to your
computer's locally configured time. This ensures changes
are properly detected and synced.
- The default time server is "time-nw.nist.gov". If
necessary, a different time server can be typed in or
selected from the drop-down list.
- A list of time servers provided by the U.S. National
Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) can be
Additional Time Zone
- This option enables times for an additional time zone to
be displayed side-by-side with times for the local time zone
in the Day View.
- A label for the additional time zone can be entered, if
desired. This label is displayed above the additional time
- Here's how the Day View looks like after entering the
example settings shown above: