Suggested New Forum Section: "Announcements"

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Suggested New Forum Section: "Announcements"

Postby A Room with a Vue » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:13 am

It would be helpful to add a forum section "Announcements" (or something similar) that would you would use to announce the release of new versions of VueMinder, possibly critical bugs, or potentially new program announcements (maybe even for special sales announcements, if you ever have those).

People could subscribe to the forum (or to specific posts within the forum) to automatically get notified of a new version. This is a very common feature with many forums that are used for product support (let me know if you need examples, and I'll send you some links). This could be used by people who are current VueMinder users, as well as those thinking about getting VueMinder - maybe the current version doesn't have a feature they need/want, but they'd like to be notified of new versions, in case those versions add the desired feature.

Typically, these forums are locked so that only the moderator can post. This keeps that forum focused solely on such announcements without the added clutter of (potentially) unrelated posts. This also helps users who subscribe to this particular forum avoid getting notifications except when the moderator posts new announcements.
============================================================
CURRENT CONFIG: VueMinder Ultimate USB 2018.01, Windows 7 Pro / 64
A Room with a Vue = ARWAV (easier to type :!:)
A Room with a Vue

Re: Suggested New Forum Section: "Announcements"

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:02 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I've been posting announcements in the VueMinder blog, which you can subscribe to. I'll consider posting announcements in the forums in addition to the blog.
http://www.vueminder.com/blog
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Suggested New Forum Section: "Announcements"

Postby A Room with a Vue » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Given that the blog doesn't mention v2018.01 (at least I couldn't find it), it would be good to have up-to-date announcements in both places! :mrgreen:
CURRENT CONFIG: VueMinder Ultimate USB 2018.01, Windows 7 Pro / 64
A Room with a Vue = ARWAV (easier to type :!:)
A Room with a Vue

Return to Suggestions