Syncing with Outlook

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Syncing with Outlook

Postby VickiB » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:20 am

Do I have to purchase the Ultimate software before I can get the calendar to work? I tried to sync my Outlook calendar with VueMinder and nothing happened. Obviously, it didn't work, or I would have all of my Outlook Calendar events showing on this calendar. I would prefer to do this as my iPad mini is also synced with the Outlook Calendar, that way I don't have to make duplicate entries in two places. I am a lefty and I didn't know I had to left click to add an event to the calendar. All it says is to "click to add an event," it doesn't mention which click to use.

Also is there any guide or manual for my VueMinder Ultimate edition. This software has so many bells and whistles that I am not going to be able to fully take advantage of it, with just the calendar window open hunting around trying to figure it out. I hate to waste $70.00 on something that is too complicated to even use whether it works or not.

I purchased this software primarily because it looked similar to the Window 10 Calendar app. I didn't find out until to late, that I shouldn't have upgraded my computer to W10, because my version wasn't compatible. Now I find myself trying to replace things that came with W10, when I downgraded back to W7. Unless there is way to make me tech savvy about this calendar, it won't be worth the money.

Please advise.
VickiB

Re: Syncing with Outlook

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi VickiB, welcome to the forums.

Do I have to purchase the Ultimate software before I can get the calendar to work? I tried to sync my Outlook calendar with VueMinder and nothing happened. Obviously, it didn't work, or I would have all of my Outlook Calendar events showing on this calendar. I would prefer to do this as my iPad mini is also synced with the Outlook Calendar, that way I don't have to make duplicate entries in two places.

The Pro version can sync with local Outlook calendars (e.g., calendars that are saved in Outlook's .pst file). If you're syncing with an iPad, your calendar might not be stored locally in Outlook's .pst file. It might be located on Exchange Server, hosted using Exchange Online (part of Office 365), or somewhere else. I'll need more details in order to determine where your Outlook calendar is actually located. If it's on Exchange Server or Exchange Online, you could sync with the calendar by using VueMinder Ultimate. Please see the page linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... endar.html

I am a lefty and I didn't know I had to left click to add an event to the calendar. All it says is to "click to add an event," it doesn't mention which click to use.

Anytime you see something that says "click" without specifying which mouse button, you can assume it's referring to the "primary" mouse button. This is usually the left mouse button, but you can change the primary button to be the right button. That's why VueMinder doesn't specifically indicate which button, because it can vary depending on the mouse configuration. If you'd like to change your primary mouse button to be the right button instead of the left button, see the page linked below for instructions:
http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/30/win ... ws-10.html

Also is there any guide or manual for my VueMinder Ultimate edition. This software has so many bells and whistles that I am not going to be able to fully take advantage of it, with just the calendar window open hunting around trying to figure it out.

You can find the documentation here:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vueminder/help

Also, most windows have context-sensitive help. Press the F1 key to open the related help documentation.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VickiB » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Thanks!

I was forced to give up Windows 10 on my current computer because it is not compatible. I didn't know this when I upgraded. I used W10 for less than two years and really liked it. I wasn't getting any new updates pushes and I started having issues with both the Mail app and Calendar app. I am now back to Windows 7 Ultimate where I started. I lost both my W10 Mail app and Calendar app. I had to find alternatives. Mozilla Thunderbird works well. But you are the only company that has a calendar similar to the Windows 10 Calendar, albeit yours is more complicated.

The issue is if, for some reason, I have to reinstall the calendar again after a year or so passes. I will have to re-purchase it again, and start from scratch re-entering all of my events. It's too bad there is no way of backing my software up and then reinstalling it. Why don't you offer selling a new license instead? That would be cheaper than having to purchase the whole software package all over again. Other software programs can be backed up and then re-installed without having to re-purchase them again. As long as a person is smart enough to back up their downloaded product setup installers they can keep their software for the future.
VickiB

Postby VueSoft » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:08 pm

The issue is if, for some reason, I have to reinstall the calendar again after a year or so passes. I will have to re-purchase it again, and start from scratch re-entering all of my events. It's too bad there is no way of backing my software up and then reinstalling it. Why don't you offer selling a new license instead? That would be cheaper than having to purchase the whole software package all over again. Other software programs can be backed up and then re-installed without having to re-purchase them again. As long as a person is smart enough to back up their downloaded product setup installers they can keep their software for the future.

Did you save a copy of the license installer you received after purchasing? There's no need to re-purchase next year. The license installer can be backed up and never expires. The only thing that expires is the ability to receive product updates, but that can be renewed for much less than the cost of a new license.

If you didn't save a backup of the license installer, please let me know and I'll send it again (via email). Also, just to be clear - VueMinder will run on Windows 7 as long a you have .NET 4.5 or later installed. VueMinder isn't just for Windows 10.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support