Event appearance issues

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Event appearance issues

Postby RJS » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:45 pm

Hi,

I am having trouble with the event appearance settings in VueMinder Pro 2017.04.

1) My default event appearance settings are not working, this effects colour and font size.

2) I am unable to save changed appearance settings to the default settings.

3) Events assigned a high priority don’t display as high priority.

Although it may not be relevant to the issue I am now reporting, I am still experiencing the response time problem I reported in August 2016.
RJS

Re: Event appearance issues

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:38 pm

1) My default event appearance settings are not working, this effects colour and font size.

If you're setting the default event appearances on the Settings tab of the Calendar Properties window, you'll need configure VueMinder to color events based on calendar. Click the "View -> Colors Events Using -> Calendar Colors" menu command.

2) I am unable to save changed appearance settings to the default settings.

What happens when you click the OK button on the Calendar Properties window, and then re-open the Calendar Properties? Are you saying the previous;y specified appearance settings aren't being saved? I have no idea why that would happen. I haven't been able to replicate the problem. Could you provide me with the steps you're following where you see the problem?

3) Events assigned a high priority don’t display as high priority.

VueMinder provides 4 different mutually exclusive modes for coloring events. Events can be colored based on associated calendar, category, priority, or location. These coloring modes can be selected via the "View -> Color Events Using" menu command. If you want to color events based on BOTH the associated calendar AND priority, click the "View -> Color Events Using -> Calendar Colors" and "View -> Color Event Sidebar Using -> Priority Colors" menu commands.

I'll investigate the response time problem you're seeing and I'll post a reply when a correction is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby RJS » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:38 pm

Hi Dan,

"1) My default event appearance settings are not working, this effects colour and font size."
Thank you, your instructions have fixed this problem.

"2) I am unable to save changed appearance settings to the default settings."
Yes, the previously specified appearance settings are not being saved. The steps I am using are as follows. Right click on day time slot, click on “New Event”, click on “Appearance”, change custom appearance, e.g. colour using “Quick Color”, click on “Defaults” drop down, click on “Save Event Defaults, click on OK, click on Close and save changes.

"3) Events assigned a high priority don’t display as high priority."
The instructions you provided for problem one has fixed this problem.
RJS

Postby VueSoft » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:27 pm

Yes, the previously specified appearance settings are not being saved. The steps I am using are as follows. Right click on day time slot, click on “New Event”, click on “Appearance”, change custom appearance, e.g. colour using “Quick Color”, click on “Defaults” drop down, click on “Save Event Defaults, click on OK, click on Close and save changes.

Thank you for clarifying. The custom appearance option is intended for overriding the default color of events, so it doesn't actually get saved as one of the default settings. The default event color (when coloring based on calendar) is specified on the Settings tab of the Calendar Properties window. When coloring based on priority, location, or category, the default color will be based on the associated value. The default colors for those values can be changed via the Tools menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby RJS » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi Dan,

"2) I am unable to save changed appearance settings to the default settings."

Thank you, your instructions have resolved this problem.

This has resolved my initial query except for the response time problem, which I have previously reported.
RJS

Return to Technical Support