Bulk - Operations - setting up tasks

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Bulk - Operations - setting up tasks

Postby dglp » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:06 am

I think this is two, maybe three questions. I want to convert an indented list of tasks and subtasks into either a task list.
I think it might be one question about tasks and sub-tasks, plus a second question about csv formatting.

So, first off, I'm note sure if there is a sub-task format within VueMinder.
I'm still working out what a Parent task is.
Then I'd be looking for what that would look like in a csv file.

Once that's done, I'd like that task list to occupy a tab separate to my existing task list.
So that might be a third question.

Any tips? :)
dglp

Re: Bulk - Operations - setting up tasks

Postby VueSoft » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi dglp, VueMinder supports subtasks. To create a subtask, open the "parent" task and click the "Add New" button under "Subtasks" on the "Related Tasks" tab. If you have an existing task you'd like to make into a subtask, click the "Add Existing" button, or drag-and-drop the task row on the Tasks tab of the main window.

Unfortunately, VueMinder doesn't support importing subtasks from a CSV file. I'm planning to add this feature and I'll post a reply when it's completed. In the meantime, after importing tasks you can move them to subtasks as described above.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby dglp » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:35 am

Thanks Dan,
That'll be a helpful feature (and vice versa too; being able to export tasks as Parent/subtask will help in organising things!)

I've got the parent/subtasks thing worked out now, and have even figured out how to drag one to or from another.

I'm still wondering if there's way to create separate tabs/windows for different task lists, e.g. Work, Home, Family.

Plus, I'm wondering if there's a keyboard shortcut I can assign that will add tasks to a parent group.
I've looked through the Keyboard shortcuts list but didn't spot anything that looked like 'assign to parent task'.
dglp

Postby VueSoft » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 pm

Hi dglp, there isn't a mechanism to create separate tabs or windows for different types of tasks. However, the Task List can be configured to group task rows based on the values in the Category column. You can categorize tasks via the "Category" field on the task editor. See the "Grouping Rows" section in the documentation linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... klist.html

There isn't a keyboard shortcut or menu command for moving a task to a subtask. I'll consider this for a future release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support