Annual Recurrence

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Annual Recurrence

Postby Scribes » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:40 am

I'd like to make a recurring reminder for an appointment I've got to make in Sep 2020, and every 3 years thereafter, if I'm still around then, however, when I try to set up the appointment I receive a notice which tells me that "the start date 23 Jul 2020 is not consistent with the specified recurrence pattern.
Occurs day 1 of every 36 months effective 23/7/2020 from 14:00 to 15:00"
"The first event in the series might not appear on the expected date." and in my experience seems to delete the existing reminder that I'd like to turn into a recurring item.
I've changed the setting to appear annually and it seems to work well, but when I attempt to change it to appear every 2 years, it seems to revert back to the annual settings : am I missing something or is there an unwanted enhancement in the system ;-)
Scribes

Re: Annual Recurrence

Postby VueSoft » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi Scribes, welcome to the forums. I've attempted to duplicate the behavior you're seeing, but I'm unable to get it to happen. Do you see this when creating a new event from scratch, rather than editing the event you previously created?

Please try these steps:
1. Right-click the date 2020-09-23 in the Month view (you can use the Ctrl+G shortcut to go to that date).
2. Select "New Recurring Event" from the popup menu.
3. Adjust the start and end times as needed. The start and end dates shouldn't need to be changed.
4. On the Recurrence tab, click "Monthly" and enter 36 months for the interval.
5. Click the "Save and Close" button. If your installation works like mine, you shouldn't see any error messages and the recurring event should appear as expected. Please let me know if that's not the case.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Annual Recurrence

Postby Scribes » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:02 am

Many thanks Dan : Your suggestion works a treat : it would appear that my attempt to create a recurring event from what was originally a single occurrence was probably the cause of the problem, something I do quite often when making changes to an annual calendar I receive for multi-day sporting events, cycling, which can go on for three weeks, and often have different starting times each day when we get closer to the event, and my messing about with times and dates doesn't seem to cause any problems.
Thanks again,
Scribes
PS love the program, and you can thank Dave Pogue for pointing me in your direction when he was on the NY Times, Paul in the UK
Scribes

Return to Technical Support