help me!!!!

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

help me!!!!

Postby petertohen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am

Hi,
Had to replace my client's hard drive and had to reinstall his Vueminder. The old drive is un-bootable, but I currently have it in my shop system and can access his files. Unfortunately, he did not run the backup function in the program, so I cannot restore his info through that process.
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx
Is there a data file or the like that I can transfer to the new PC to reload his calendar events?
petertohen

Re: help me!!!!

Postby VueSoft » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi petertohen, welcome to the forums. VueMinder will automatically generate backup files by default. Unless your client disabled that feature, there should be a backup file on his old drive. The backup files generated by VueMinder will have a ".vbackup" file extension.

Try searching the hard drive for files having a “.vbackup” extension, or browse to the “Backups” subfolder of VueMinder’s private data folder. The default location is under "\Users\LoginName\AppData\Local\VueSoft\VueMinder\Backup". Hopefully you'll see some backup files in that folder. Copy the most recent file to the new drive. In VueMinder, click the "File -> Restore Data" menu command and then click the “Browse” button to open the backup file.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support