Syncs are problematic

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Syncs are problematic

Postby ChiefCalendar » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:08 am

I'm currently testing Vueminder as an all-in-one solution for my calendaring needs. I try to sync an exchange calendar, a couple google calendars and some other ics based things.

Each calendar has maybe a few hundred to few thousand of events. All calendars also get changed outside of vueminder through other applications or by other people.

It seems there is a particular problem with recurring meetings that get changed and will not sync properly. This problem happens with both the google and exchange calendars. For example, the event has been updated in outlook, the ICS file produced by Exchange has the change, vueminder will leave the original in place and not show the updated time slot.

Removing and re-adding the calendar sometimes resolves the issue, sometimes not. Even if it would work , removing/readding calendars is an unacceptable workaround if I have to do this every two days.

What are my options to resolve the issues I am experiencing? Is there something obvious I am overlooking.
ChiefCalendar

Re: Syncs are problematic

Postby VueSoft » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi ChiefCalendar, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure why you're seeing a problem with changes to recurring meetings not syncing properly. I'll investigate further and I'll work on fixing this in the next version.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ChiefCalendar » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:41 am

Thanks for looking into it.

If you need more information, let me know.

I can probably put together some screenshots of examples if that would be helpful.
ChiefCalendar

Postby VueSoft » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:27 am

Hi ChiefCalendar, the problems with syncing changes to recurring meetings has been fixed in version 2017.02. To update, click the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support