cannot access Exchange server

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

cannot access Exchange server

Postby dbrn » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:31 pm

Hi Dan,

I am unable to add an Exchange calendar using the appropriate VM command - I get an 'Authorization failure' error message every time. This happens on a tablet that is also running Outlook, and Outlook is always able to access the Exchange server (both use WiFi). So the problem seems to be that my university's Exchange server is recognizing that software other than Outlook is requesting access, and refusing it.

I realize this isn't exactly a VM problem, probably something related to the server's security settings, but do you have any suggestions? My university's IT dept has been useless, and if I can't add that work calendar to VM, VM will be made relatively useless to me and I don't want that!

Thanks,

Danny
dbrn

Re: cannot access Exchange server

Postby VueSoft » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi Danny, are you sure you're entering the correct username and password? If your Exchange Server is on the same Windows domain, check the "Use default login credentials" box. Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby dbrn » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:53 pm

I have tried it with that box checked, and with it unchecked and the login information entered manually. Either way, I get that same error message.
dbrn

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:26 pm

Hi Danny, I'm not exactly sure what is causing the error you're seeing. It's possible your Exchange Server isn't configured to allow Exchange Web Services (EWS) access, or your account doesn't have the required permissions for EWS.

Also, I'm making some improvements to how VueMinder connects and syncs with Exchange Server. These improvements will be in the next release, which should be available soon. I'm not sure if the next version will fix the problem you're seeing... but it might.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby dbrn » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:16 am

Thanks Dan, I passed your idea onto my tech support - maybe that will spur something. Looking forward to the next update!
dbrn

Return to Technical Support