Indicating separate months visually?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Indicating separate months visually?

Postby diannelamerc » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:01 pm

I exclusively use VueMinder (Pro) in "month" view , but when scrolling through weeks to set future dates I am having trouble keeping track of which month I'm actually looking at.

Is there a way to put the short version of the month at the beginning of every week? (Or every day?) Or to alternate the background of dates for each month?

I keep finding myself scrolling and making an right-click entry on "the 10th", only to realize the day I've grabbed is in July instead of June....

(I couldn't find this in the forums or help, but my search terms may not have been great. All I found is how to turn *off* "alternate colors for months"--if that's what I'm looking for, from the directions I can't tell how to enable them. ( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=965&p=4118&hilit=color+months#p4118 )

Thanks,

Dianne
diannelamerc

Re: Indicating separate months visually?

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi Dianne, have you tried using the Navigation pane? It's usually displayed in the upper-left corner and will show small versions of the months. When you click a date in the Navigation pane, the Month view will update to show the selected date. If you don't see the Navigation pane, click the "View -> Navigation Pane" menu command. See the documentation linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... npane.html

Another helpful shortcut is Ctrl+G. If you want to see a particular date in the Month view, press Ctrl+G and type the date.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Indicating separate months visually?

Postby diannelamerc » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Thanks. I'll give that a try,
diannelamerc

Return to Technical Support