more Outlook Exchange problems

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

more Outlook Exchange problems

Postby dbrn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi Dan, I'm continuing to have a series of syncing problems with my Outlook Exchange calendar. I added the calendar by using the 'Add Exchange Calendar' function. Here are my issues:

1) I create a calendar event in VMU. As soon as it syncs with OE (which persistently happens every 10 seconds), the item disappears from VM as it appears in OE. Upon the next sync, the item reappears in OE but only in a 'Recovered Events' calendar that I did not create manually (I presume VM or OE create it), not in the calendar where I created it.

2) I create an Appointment in OE. When VM next syncs, the event appears in the proper calendar. On either that sync or the next one, the item also appears in the 'Recovered Events' VM calendar, meaning it is now listed separately twice in two different calendars and I see two of the same event if I have both calendars ticked in the list of active calendars on the left side.

So I am getting either two of every event, or none. Can you please help??

Thanks.
dbrn

Re: more Outlook Exchange problems

Postby VueSoft » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Hi dbrn, it sounds like something is wrong with the synced calendar. Have you tried removing the calendar from VueMinder and re-adding it?

If that doesn't fix the problem, there might be a problem with the program data file. You can use the utility linked below to completely reset the data. Make sure to fully exit VueMinder before running this utility.
http://www.vueminder.com/download/ResetData.zip

After resetting the data, restart VueMinder and then add the calendar again, using the "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Exchange Calendar" menu command. Does that fix it?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: more Outlook Exchange problems

Postby dbrn » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:02 pm

Thanks Dan. I used the app to reset Vueminder, but now I am unable to re-sync with my Exchange server. When I try to add the calendar to Vueminder and enter in the mailbox/server info, I get an error message that the server replied 'not authorized'. So, I assume the problem is on the server side, not with Vueminder, but in any case I won't know if resetting Vueminder has fixed my problem until I can reconnect to the server.
dbrn

Return to Technical Support