Event Action defaults and Outlook - problems!

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Event Action defaults and Outlook - problems!

Postby dbrn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:32 pm

Hi Dan,

I used the 'Add Local Outlook Calendar' function to start syncing two ways with my workplace Outlook 2016 calendar. In Vueminder, the default Event Actions for this syncing calendar include a category, a popup and a desktop reminder. When events are synced into Vueminder, the default category is applied but the reminders are not! No reminders are set at all.

Another strange detail is that every event that syncs into Vueminder displays the standard 'This event conflicts with other events' warning in the pop-out window for that event. And, that warning persists even if I delete an event (and let the deletion sync back to Outlook) and then try to create a new event in the same time-block.

The lack of reminders is my big concern. I've tried to sync using the 'Add Exchange Calendar' function instead, but that process fails every time (my mailbox isn't recognized even though our Exchange servers are local).

Thanks!
dbrn

Re: Event Action defaults and Outlook - problems!

Postby dbrn » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 pm

UPDATE

I've managed to sync with the Exchange server, and now I have the opposite problem! That is, events syncing into VM from Outlook now have the default reminders applied, but not the default category.

And VM is syncing with the Exchange server every 10 seconds, which seems way more frequent than necessary, but I don't see any settings for changing it - ?

Thanks Dan.
dbrn

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:23 pm

Hi dbrn, thank you for the feedback. When you create an event in Outlook, are you associating the event with a category? VueMinder won't apply a default category to an event if the event is created outside of VueMinder and explicitly doesn't have an associated category.

Regarding the frequency of syncing, VueMinder should only sync when differences are detected between the local calendar and the calendar on Exchange Server. If you're seeing VueMinder sync every 10 seconds, then it sounds like VueMinder is detecting some difference, but the difference isn't being resolved by syncing. I'm not sure what would cause that to happen. Maybe the problem could be solved by removing the calendar from VueMinder and re-adding it.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby dbrn » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks Dan - creating categories in Outlook with the same name as my VM categories fixed it.
dbrn

Return to Technical Support