Server offline -- can't reconnect

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Server offline -- can't reconnect

Postby Jayne » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:24 pm

I am currently seeing a "server is offline, click to reconnect" box at the bottom right of my screen (I knew there were issues syncing and that's when I noticed it). If I hit "reconnect" I get an error message saying something to the effect of a problem occurred and can't reconnect.

I have tried:

1. Rebooting the 2 computers being used.
2. Going into "sharing" and re-entering the password for each computer.
3. Going to My Sql workbench (but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do there....way over my head).

Any help is appreciated. At this point the program won't work for our needs.

Thanks.
Jayne

Re: Server offline -- can't reconnect

Postby VueSoft » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi Jayne, could you let me know the exact error message you receive when you click the "Test Connection" button in the Sharing Options?

Have you tried rebooting the computer where MySQL Server was installed? Are you aware of any recent changes that have been made to that computer, such as a new or updated firewall being installed? Have you tried the troubleshooting information linked below?
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php#troubleshooting
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Jayne » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:12 pm

My message is:

A problem occurred while attempting to connect to the server:

A problem occurred while attempting to connect to the server:
Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts.

We have not made any changes to any computers (firewalls, etc.). I haven't tried the troubleshooting yet. Will try that and get back to you.

Thanks.
Jayne

Postby Jayne » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:02 pm

Took me awhile to try to figure things out. No luck. Everything seems to be set up correctly. The only thing that has happened (but it was awhile ago and VueMinder worked correctly after installation) was that PCMatic was installed.

I'm at a loss. Do we have to completely uninstall and reinstall? As I said earlier, the program just won't work for us this way but we have a ton of data we need.

Thanks.
Jayne

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:02 am

Hi Jayne, please connect to the server using MySQL Workbench and click "Server Status" under the Management item in the Navigator. Is the server running? Also, make a note of the "Host" name and make sure the same name has been entered in the Sharing Options of VueMinder on your computers.

If that doesn't fix it, and if the problem coincided with the installation of PCMatic, then it's possible PCMatic is preventing your computers from connecting to MySQL Server. You could try temporarily disabling PCMatic on both the server and client, to see if that makes any difference.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Jayne » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:44 pm

I checked the status of the MySQL server and it said it was running. When I hit "refresh status" it changed to "stopped." Once I reconnected everything started working fine. Phew!

Thanks for your help.
Jayne

Return to Technical Support