Offline sync to mobile galaxy

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Offline sync to mobile galaxy

Postby Equineguy » Thu May 25, 2017 1:17 pm

I have vueminder pro and would like to sync my calendar to my galaxy mobile phone ( to whatever native phone app it uses, or I can download a recommended one ).

Since I don't use google calendar on my laptop or share any of my Vueminder calendar online anywhere, is there a way I can hook the galaxy to my laptop via USB and sync it? Or even thru bluetooth?

Looking for ideas!

Thank you much!
Equineguy

Re: Offline sync to mobile galaxy

Postby VueSoft » Thu May 25, 2017 10:47 pm

Hi Equineguy, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, there isn't currently a mechanism to sync directly with a phone via USB. However, you could configure VueMinder to sync with Google Calendar, and use the Google Calendar app on your phone. To sync VueMinder with Google Calendar, open the Calendar Properties (double-click your calendar's name) and check the "Sync with Google Calendar" box on the Sync tab.

If you are anti-Google, you could use VueMinder Ultimate to sync with Microsoft Exchange Online (part of Office 365) instead. Most mobile calendar apps are able to sync with Exchange.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Equineguy » Fri May 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Thank you!

Now, would I do that while the mobile phone is connected to the internet/bluetooth? I guess I am missing on how to physically sync between the laptop and phone.

( not anti-anything.... just not much experience with using any of them )
Equineguy

Postby VueSoft » Fri May 26, 2017 11:31 pm

Hi Equineguy, does your mobile service include a data plan (most do)? If so, your phone doesn't need to be connected over wifi. You should be able to connect to Google Calendar using your mobile carrier's 4G or 3G network.

Here's a basic overview of how it works:
1. In the web browser on your computer, log into your Google account or create a Google account if you haven't already.
2. In VueMinder, open the Calendar Properties of your calendar by double-clicking its name.
3. On the "Sync" tab, check the box labeled "Sync with Google Calendar".
4. A webpage might appear asking if you'd like VueMinder to be able to access your Google account. Click the Allow button.
5. VueMinder will upload your calendar to your Google account. This might take a few seconds.
6. On your phone, install the Google Calendar app (if you haven't already). If you're using Android, you can install through Google Play. If you're using iOS, you can install through the App Store.
7. Open the Google Calendar app and tap the menu button.
8. You should see the calendar that was uploaded by VueMinder. Check the box next to the calendar's name to see its events, if the box isn't already checked.
9. Any changes you make that are associated with the synced calendar on your phone will appear in VueMinder, and vice versa. It can take up to 30 seconds for changes to automatically sync.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Equineguy » Mon May 29, 2017 10:11 am

Got it. Thank you. Was hoping for an option that if I am close to my laptop, that the phone will sync though BT or cable. But.... until then..... this will work just fine!

Thank you much for breaking it down for me.

The two are synced and all seems to be working fine.
Equineguy

Return to Technical Support