Starting VueMinder Offline

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Starting VueMinder Offline

Postby A Room with a Vue » Thu May 11, 2017 9:27 pm

Is there a simple way to run VueMinder without an active online connection? There are times I want to run it to check settings (or look at the locally stored calendar) without being online. Yet when I try to run the program without being online, the program hangs with a "Not Responding" appearing on the titlebar.

If I change the sync/subscribe option of each calendar to Manual, then the program will run without hanging, but I have to do this in advance (while I'm online), otherwise when I start VueMinder offline, it hangs so I can't get to that option.

I have "Check for updates" and "Run when Windows starts" both unchecked, but I can't find any other option that would allow the program to work without being online (again, except for disabling in advance the syncing for each calendar). Is there such an option? If so, what is it? If not, would you consider making this an option?

It would be nice to have the option to delay an attempt to connect to the online calendars (ideally the amount of time would be user configurable) and have a single option to disable any attempt to connect even after delay (instead of having to change each calendar to a manual update). That way, when I do start the program, even if I previously forgot to globally disable connection attempts, the delay gives me time to do so before the program locks up.

If this option isn't yet available, feel free to move this post from Technical Support to Suggestions.

Thanks!
============================================================
CURRENT CONFIG: VueMinder Ultimate USB 2018.00, Windows 7 Pro / 64
A Room with a Vue = ARWAV (easier to type :!:)
============================================================
A Room with a Vue

Re: Starting VueMinder Offline

Postby VueSoft » Thu May 11, 2017 11:23 pm

VueMInder should be able to run without an internet connection (even with calendars that are configured to sync). I've tested this on my systems and I'm not seeing any problems starting VueMinder while offline. I'm not sure what is causing the issue you're seeing, but it's not the expected behavior.

Can you provide more detail about how your calendars are configured to sync? Do you sync with Exchange Server, Google Calendar, iCalendar URLs, Outlook, etc? Maybe there's some combination of syncing settings that you're using which is causing the problem, but I'm not sure. I've never had an issue running while offline.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support