Modify appearance questions

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Modify appearance questions

Postby larryw » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:13 pm

I'm customizing Old School appearance template and have a couple questions.

1. The tabs at the top of the calendar (Day, Week, Month, etc) have borders along sides but not at the top of each tab. I'd like to add a line to the top or make the tab 3D. Right now I have the tabs the default gray except the selected tab I have background set to white. I've tried several options to change the tabs but can't find the right one to just affect those tabs.

2. I use the Month tab most of the time with set to either 4 or 5 weeks. The first day of each month has the month abbreviated to 3 letters. Any way to have the full month text displayed? IE, "Jan" -> "January", "Feb" -> "February".
larryw

Re: Modify appearance questions

Postby VueSoft » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Hi larryw, to change the tabs to have a border, hover the mouse over one of the tabs (while customizing the theme) and press the "C" key. A settings window will appear with "UltraTabbedMdiManager-specific Properties" shown. Pick different "TabStyle" and/or "ViewStyle" values until you find a style you like.

To change the month to show a full name instead of abbreviated name, hover the mouse over the Month View and press the "C" key. Change the "ViewStyle" value to "Standard". There are also some other view styles which will show full month names. If I recall, some of the Month view styles might cause abnormally high CPU use, so if you pick a view style that seems to make VueMinder bog down, try a different one instead.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Modify appearance questions

Postby larryw » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Thanks Dan.

I do have a problem with the Standard and others that display full month name. I select it and then save to a new file name but after that I can't go back and customize. VM Pro pretty much locks up. I do see in Task Manager that the CPU % increases when I change to any style that has full month name. I've given up on that customization. Oddly too is when I try to save to an existing file VM totally freezes and I can't save or cancel. I need to exit via the system tray icon. Oh well. Thank you anyway.
larryw

Return to Technical Support