Unexpected closed

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Unexpected closed

Postby Ennovy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:09 am

Hi,

This is my first post :D Forgive me but english is not my native language.

For some time I have a problem and it gets annoying, so I want to ask forum members:

VueMinder is minimized in the system tray.
When I close a program through right click in the system tray, an icon to the left or right of the VueMinder icon,
VueMinder no longer responds and closes shortly after that.

Can someone confirm this behaviour? Is this a bug?

Thanks and have a nice day :!:
Ennovy

Re: Unexpected closed

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi Ennovy, welcome to the forums. I've never seen that problem before, nor has anyone else reported it. Have you tried reinstalling? If that doesn't fix it, do you have any 3rd party programs installed which might be doing something with your task bar or system tray? There might be a conflict somewhere.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Ennovy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:22 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Ennovy, welcome to the forums.

Thank you.

VueSoft wrote:I've never seen that problem before, nor has anyone else reported it. Have you tried reinstalling? If that doesn't fix it, do you have any 3rd party programs installed which might be doing something with your task bar or system tray? There might be a conflict somewhere.

I closed all programs that are in the system tray and started them one by one. Everything works fine.
I restarted my PC, all programs are loaded and in the system tray: the problem is back again.
Even when I set the VueMinder icon to not always being visible in the system tray (you have to click the up arrow to find it) the problem is there.
So I have not yet been able to identify the culprit.
Ennovy

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:12 am

Hi Ennovy, thanks for the information. Are you running the latest version (2016.10)? Also, does the same problem occur when you using the "File -> Exit" menu command on the main VueMinder window?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Ennovy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:07 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi Ennovy, thanks for the information. Are you running the latest version (2016.10)? Also, does the same problem occur when you using the "File -> Exit" menu command on the main VueMinder window?

I use version 2016.10 of VueMinder

I finally found out that this is caused by a software called AquaSnap: http://www.nurgo-software.com/products/aquasnap
When I rightclick its icon in the tray and choose to exit or disable AquaSnap, VueMinder is closed.

Perhaps you want to test if it does the same on your computer?
There is a portable version, so nothing has to be installed and it is easy to remove again.

I will contact support of AquaSnap and thanks so far for you support
Ennovy

Return to Technical Support