Repeating event changes in VM don't sync with Google

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Repeating event changes in VM don't sync with Google

Postby larryw » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:53 pm

I have an annually repeating all day event in VM Pro 2016.10 that has a Reminder for 30 minutes before. I wanted to remove the reminder so I selected Edit -> All occurrences and unchecked the popup reminder. VM show no reminders for the upcoming event.

However, in Google Calendar the reminder is still showing as day before. I also checked an app on my phone and it also still shows the reminder.

Is there an issue with removing a reminder in VM Pro but not syncing that change with Google?
larryw

Re: Repeating event changes in VM don't sync with Google

Postby VueSoft » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:39 am

Hi larryw, disabling a popup reminder in VueMinder won't disable the reminder in Google Calendar. The reminder settings will only sync when events are initially created. Disabling a reminder in a previously created event (or entire series) won't affect the reminder that is scheduled for Google Calendar. I'll consider adding an option to override this behavior. In the meantime, you can work around this behavior by also editing the series on Google Calendar's webpage to remove the reminder.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby larryw » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:30 am

Thank you.

I for one would like to see that change made. It would mean better integration with Google and one less step for the user.
larryw

Postby larryw » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:21 pm

For clarification, it appears that if I want to delete a reminder I need to do it in both VM and Google? I tried deleting in Google but VM doesn't delete.

Thankfully though VM does change times in Google. I don't delete too much so not a major issue.
larryw

Postby VueSoft » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:26 am

Yes, that's correct. Any popup reminders that have been previously scheduled in both VueMinder and Google Calendar would need to be removed from both. Removing the reminder from the event in Google Calendar will not remove the reminder in VueMinder (and vice versa). I'll post a reply when the option to override this behavior is available.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support