automatic export-import?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

automatic export-import?

Postby lustigs » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:37 pm

Hi Dan,
is there a way to automatically export mulitple calendars to a backup and then import them into a single calendar for google sync. We have 4 computers and I can't figure out a way to sync to each computer and sync to google or outlook so i can see all 4 on my phone.
ideas?
thanks
mike
lustigs

Re: automatic export-import?

Postby VueSoft » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:43 am

Hi Mike, why not combine all 4 calendars into a single calendar that is configured to sync with Google Calendar on each of your computers as well as your phone? Here's how you could do this:

1. On 3 of your 4 computers, export the calendar to an ICS file using the "File -> Export -> Export Events" menu command. Copy each ICS file to your 4th computer.
2. On the 4th computer, import each of the 3 ICS files, using the "File -> Import -> Import Events" menu command. Make sure to pick the same destination calendar for each imported file. When you're done, you should have a single merged calendar containing events that were previously in 4 separate calendars on 4 separate computers.
3. After you've imported all your events into a single merged calendar, open the Calendar Properties by double-clicking the calendar's name.
4. On the Sync tab, check the box labeled "Sync with Google Calendar". Make sure to leave the sync direction set to "2-way" and then click the OK button.
5. The calendar will upload to your Google Account. This might take a few seconds.
6. On your other 3 computers, delete the calendars that were exported by right-clicking the calendar names and selecting "Delete Calendar".
7. On your other 3 computers, add the single merged calendar using the "File -> Add Calendar -> Add Google Calendar" menu command. After adding the calendar, any changes you make on one computer will automatically upload to Google Calendar (within 30 seconds) and appear on your other computers.
8. You can also configure a calendar app on your mobile devices to sync with the same calendar. I suggest using the Google Calendar app, but there are others that would work as well.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support