All day event order of appearance in Montly calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

All day event order of appearance in Montly calendar

Postby Sam Rushmore » Tue May 03, 2016 7:59 am

Is there an easy way to change the order of appearance of the all day events in the monthly calendar?

For example; I would like to have the name of the holiday appear before the planned non-specific-time event(s) that I have for that day.
Sam Rushmore

Re: All day event order of appearance in Montly calendar

Postby VueSoft » Tue May 03, 2016 5:17 pm

Hi Sam, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, there's not (yet) a simple mechanism for re-arranging all-day events. I have this on my list of planned improvements. Currently, the sort order of all-day events is determined by the order in which they were created or imported.

In the meantime, the trick is to cut an event you want to move to the bottom (using Ctrl+X) and then paste it into the same day (using Ctrl+V). Since all-day events are ordered by creation time, this will make the event move to the bottom.

To do this for an entire calendar, export the calendar containing your planned events (not the holidays calendar) to an ICS file. You can export events using the "Export" command on the File menu. Next, delete the calendar by right-clicking its name and selecting "Delete Calendar" from the popup menu. After deleting the calendar, import the calendar from the ICS file. This will result in the imported events appearing below the holiday events.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby MaggieNCJ » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:12 am

Hi, I'm wondering if since 2016, there has been an update so that it is easier to change the order of events. That would be really helpful!

Also, when printing out a monthly calendar, we have the option of putting in a header, where the month and year appear. For example: July-17. This is followed by empty space to the right and then at the right margin, there are 3 months in small. I'm wondering whether there is any way to input text in that empty space, such as a note.

Thank you very much for your help!
MaggieNCJ

Postby VueSoft » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:18 pm

Hi MaggieNCJ, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, there hasn't been an update yet to make it easier to re-order events. I still have this on my list of planned improvements.

You can enter notes or other information in the "Title" field on the Print window. The text will appear at the top of the printout. If you need more flexibility, you could use PrintableCal and customize a template to include any text you'd like. PrintableCal can connect to VueMinder for showing your events in the output. See the pages linked below for more details:
http://www.printablecal.com/Learn-More/ ... a-Template
http://www.printablecal.com/Learn-More/ ... /VueMinder

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support