Can't copy text and paste into Event Description

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Can't copy text and paste into Event Description

Postby rkay48 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:39 pm

I have VueMinder Pro and I cannot copy anything and paste into the Event Description. I am able to copy and paste normally from and to all my other programs. E.g., I can copy from a web page and paste into MS Word or Notepad. I tried copying text from a Word or Notepad into the Event Description, but nothing shows up.
I am running Windows 8.1
I would really like to copy names, dates, messages into VueMinder, but it does not work for me.
Any ideas?
rkay48

Re: Can't copy text and paste into Event Description

Postby VueSoft » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi rkay48, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure why you're unable to paste into the Event Description. I'm unable to duplicate the problem, nor has anyone else reported this behavior. Have you tried rebooting?

If rebooting doesn't fix it, there are several "paste" buttons on the toolbar - Paste, Paste Plain Text, and Paste from MS Word. Try clicking each of those buttons. Does anything happen? If not, it's possible uninstalling and reinstalling VueMinder will fix the problem.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby rkay48 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:39 am

Back again. No, I can't copy/past using the icons in VM either. Rebooting does not help.
If I reinstall, how to I get VueMinder Pro again? I am also concerned that I could lose my calendar info if I try this...
rkay48

Postby VueSoft » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi rkay48, you can use the Control Panel to uninstall VueMinder. This won't remove any data. To reinstall, use the link below:
http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMi ... _Setup.exe
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby bwhite » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:09 pm

Hello all,

We (two installations) are having this Cut and Paste problem. I found this post and did the Uninstall/Reinstall to no avail.

Further debugging reveals that I CAN successfully paste if I am in the right view. I can only paste from the primary "text" pasteboard if I am in the "Plain Text" view. Since I am usually in the "Formatted Text" view I experience the problem of not being able to paste.

We have also verified that pasting to the Formatted view from the text pasteboard worked in earlier versions (not exactly sure when the behavior changed).

I suppose you could say this is by design, but I do wish that you would go back to simply allowing a plain text paste in the formatted view. This would make things much easier for us.

Cheers
bwhite

Postby VueSoft » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:48 am

Hi bwhite, welcome to the forums. I'm not sure why you're seeing this problem because I've been unable to replicate the behavior. Are you attempting to paste using Ctrl+V? Do you see any different behavior when using the Paste or Paste Plain Text toolbar buttons? What program are you copying the text from?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby rkay48 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:30 am

Just an update to say I still cannot paste text into the event box. As before, I cannot cut and paste from any program. none of the suggested fixes helped, and the problem continues through Windows 10 and all updates. As an earlier poster noted, I found I can paste text if I first switch the view button on the bottom left to plain text, rather than formatted text. However, in any case, just switching the view to plain text before pasting anything gives me a paragraph of stuff, i.e.,

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html><head>
<meta content="text/html; charset=unicode" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 11.00.10570.1001" /><link id="DefaultCSSFileLinkElement" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\VueSoft\VueMinder\editor.css" /></head>
<body style="font-size: 10pt; overflow: auto; font-family: Arial; color: #000000; background-color: white"></body></html>

So I can paste what I cut from my clipboard (e.g., Word) and then delete the above stuff to get what I want. But this is hardly worth it.

I have let my subscription to VueMinder Pro lapse ...I had hoped going to Pro would solve the problem, but it did not.
rkay48

Postby VueSoft » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:46 pm

Hi rkay48, thank you for the information.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support