Show URL as an icon via VueMinder

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Show URL as an icon via VueMinder

Postby tdr » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:00 am

I am using VueMinder to manage a schedule of training classes. One of my custom fields within VueMinder is a web link to a student registration page.

I would like to be able to publish as PDF a monthly or agenda view of the calendar where my custom field shows as an icon (to avoid clutter as some URLs can get quite long...) This way I can distribute the PDF to give people a view of what's coming up and they can click through on the icon to register.

Is something like this possible today? if not, could it be added to the development roadmap?

Thanks
tdr

Re: Show URL as an icon via VueMinder

Postby VueSoft » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:06 am

Hi tdr, welcome to the forums. It's not a PDF, but you could use the "File -> Save as Web Page" menu command to generate an HTML version of your calendar. When an event is clicked, the custom field and link will appear on the right side of the webpage. If you have a website, you could upload the generated webpage to your site, so people can view what's coming up and use your custom field to register. See the documentation linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... bpage.html

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby tdr » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi Dan
Save as HTML is a great feature, I hadn't considered it before. However it lacks a couple of key elements for me:

1) I don't get the benefit of a single file such as PDF - this makes things slightly more difficult as I want to post a single file for download or email it as an attachment. Zipping up a HTML directory structure makes it more challenging for the recipient, and some email systems flatly block zips or self-extracting exe files whereas PDF has a better chance of getting through

2) I couldn't see a way to publish HTML and be selective about which custom fields to externalise - I only want some of my custom fields to be visible; the rest contain confidential data which I don't want others to see.

thanks
tdr

Postby VueSoft » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi tdr, thank you for the feedback. I'll consider your suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions