PRINTING: This month and the next

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

PRINTING: This month and the next

Postby bill@spikowski.com » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:28 pm

Thanks for adding the "Next month" option in the 'print range' dropdown on the Print dialog box.

It works the way I'd expect, printing the month following the current month, with any empty days in the rows for the first and last week containing events for those days from the prior and subsequent months.

Can you make the "This month and the next" option work the same way? Now, the second month prints as the the five weeks after the current month -- so the upper lefthand cell is often for the second week of next month, rather than the first week.

Of course what I'd really like is the ability to specify the number of "next months," since I tend to print this month and the next several months, which I now must do one month at a time.
bill@spikowski.com

Re: PRINTING: This month and the next

Postby VueSoft » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi bill, thank you for the feedback. You can change the "Layout style" to "Whole month with overflow" to make the output match what you're looking for. Also, you can print any number of events by entering the desired start and end dates. The print range will change to "A range of dates". Does that help?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: PRINTING: This month and the next

Postby bill@spikowski.com » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:02 am

Dan - I've been using the "range of dates" option, but it's been a pain because I've been adjusting it for each individual month to keep each month's calendar on a single sheet.

I didn't understand what "whole month with overflow" meant (I assumed that there'd be a second page printed for each month, to provide space for events that didn't fit into a day's cell); but you're right that selecting it instead of "five weeks" makes it work the way I'd like!
bill@spikowski.com

Return to Suggestions