Completed events COLOR request

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Completed events COLOR request

Postby parker1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi, this has been discussed before a while ago at some other thread,but I would really like to have an option to select how completed event is colored or displayed.

The main reason is that , washed out color of completed event is difficult to look at, especially mixed with other not completed events. It kind of hurts my eyes. I want to be able to see the completed event,without trying to refocus my eyes.

I would really like to see strike through option,for a completed event. That would make the most sense to me.Changing the color to red or any other color would get mixed up and lost with other unfinished events. I think that most people just cross a finished task,to-do list items,shopping list or any finished or irreverent event. But with strike through you can easily see what you have completed .

I have a paid version so I can use tasks and control how the completed task is displayed, But I want to continue using events.

Also adding a new category named:COMPLETED works,but it needs one extra step, also there isn't a strike through option and many times I would forget and just select completed from the main menu and then change it to COMPLETED as a category option ,which is kind of annoying.

There are a lot of people who are looking for this option . I 've searched google calendar forum and other calendar products forums .Google doesn't seem to care, but you always upgrade your product and listen to your customers . You would be the first calendar ever to implement this option and probably get more customers.

Thank you
best regards.
parker1

Re: Completed events COLOR request

Postby VueSoft » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:48 am

Thank you for the suggestion. I have this on my list of planned improvements. I'll post a reply when it's completed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Sam Rushmore » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:52 pm

I created a "Completed" Calendar with a unique appearance, and I "assign" all my completed events to that calendar.
If I do not assign any category to a given event then the event takes on the appearance of the the parent Calendar.
So, when I "assign" a completed event to the "Completed" calendar, it stands out.

This also has the advantage of being able to, with one click (un-check calendar to be displayed), hide/show all my completed events.

It would be nice to be able to have an option in the event itself which would define it's "destiny" when the following happens: 1) When the event is in the past for a specified period of time. 2) When the event is completed. 3) when the event reaches a specified "target" date (e.g. 2 days before expiry).

Possible "destines": a) Assign to another calendar of your choice. b) delete the event ( auto cleanup). c) Mark it complete. d) add/Alter/remove it's category.

Thanks for listening.
Sam Rushmore

Postby parker1 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:48 am

Hi, I was wondering if there is any update coming soon in regards to strike through option as promised in April 2015 for completed events. I ts so difficult to look at completed events with that washout color. Colors of due and completed events get mixed easily.

Is there any other way to mark completed event without changing the color, maybe a check sign or something.
I'd be willing to pay extra just to this feature (strike thru) without change of shade.) of otherwise perfect calendar.

Let me know please, thanks.

best regards.
parker1

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi parker1, thanks for the feedback. I still have this on my list of planned improvements. I'll post a reply when it's completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:50 pm

Version 2016.03 has been released. This version adds a "Completed event appearance" field to the Appearance Options (accessed via the Options menu). The choices are as follow:
  • Fade - Completed events will be faded as they were in version 2016.02 and earlier. This is the default.
  • Strikethough - Completed events will be crossed out instead of faded.
  • Normal - Completed events will appear the same as incomplete events.
To update, click the "Check for Updates" command on the Help menu. I hope you'll find this improvement useful. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions