Purchased version

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Purchased version

Postby jrouse17 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Are there more "appearance" options in the Purchased Version? Thanks. JoAnn
jrouse17

Re: Purchased version

Postby VueSoft » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:01 pm

The provided appearance options are the same in both the trial and purchased versions. Are there additional appearance settings you're looking for? We can certainly add more, depending on what you need.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby jrouse17 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Since you asked, a couple of calendar options that uses the wrapped text for the event title description would be great! Or maybe put an option for it in the option menu for your current calendars (I know not all people would find this important or may just prefer the hover option). I keep a schedule of my kids ball games and practice dates and it would be a pain to have to hover over every date to see the full description. I am using Yahoo's calendar now for the schedule but would rather use VueMinder. I also use a calendar for keeping track of my bills when they are due and when they have been paid. Its nice to be able to change the font color. The wrapped text would also be nice for that too. I tried making the font smaller but i still cant make it all fit on one line. :( Thanks, JoAnn
jrouse17

Postby VueSoft » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. We've investigated if this is possible, but it isn't at this time. The reason is due to our use of a 3rd party control for displaying the Month View. We've passed along your enhancement request to the makers of the control we're using.

In the meantime, there are some additional things you can do to allow more space for events displayed in the Month View...

• Compress the display of weekends. From the View menu, expand the Month menu options, and then click the "Compress Weekends" option.
  • Resize the pane displayed on the left side of the main window by clicking and dragging the vertical bar that separates the navigation pane, calendar list, and task list from the calendar view. Drag it to the left to provide more space for the Month View.
  • You can also completely hide the items on the left side of the screen by unchecking the items in the View menu until all are removed.
  • If possible, set your display resolution higher. A resolution of 1440 x 960 or higher will allow more text to fit.

There is also an event list displayed at the top of the screen, which should fit your event titles completely. You can enable the display of this list by selecting the "List" button, between the "Today" and "Day" buttons on the main toolbar.

Also, sometimes event titles will fit better when displayed in the Day or Week views, where they DO wrap. You can change your time slot interval from the Calendar Options window to allow even more space for title wrapping, if they still don't fit completely.

Thanks again for the suggestion. Sorry we're unable to implement it at this time. Hopefully the control we're using will be enhanced to allow us to support adding this option in the future.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby jrouse17 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Okay thank you for all your suggestions to try and help me. I will try them all. Thanks again. JoAnn
jrouse17

Return to Technical Support