Contacts suggestions

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Contacts suggestions

Postby laavista » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:20 am

I love VueMinder!

A couple of suggestions in the "Contacts" area:

1) Currently, to create a new contact, you have to go to File\New\Contact. Would like a shortcut (e.g., [alt] + c)

2) For "Group/folder", would like to set my own default, e.g., My Contacts. If I forget to change this from "default" to "MyContacts", I have to go back into the record and change the group/folder.

3) It would be great if "Notes" was also displayed on the main page. I understand that not all of the note section may fit, but would like either a new section on the main page to enter misc notes or have the 'notes' section partially displayed on the main page.

Thanks!
laavista

Re: Contacts suggestions

Postby VueSoft » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:36 pm

Hi laavista, thank you for the feedback.

1) Currently, to create a new contact, you have to go to File\New\Contact. Would like a shortcut (e.g., [alt] + c)

You can assign a shortcut for the New -> Contact by using the "Customize Menus and Keyboard" command on the Tools menu. Click the Keyboard button and then assign a shortcut for the "Contact..." command under the "File" category.

A global hotkey combination can also be defined via the "Hotkeys" command on the Options menu. The global hotkey will work even if another program has focus or VueMinder is minimized.

2) For "Group/folder", would like to set my own default, e.g., My Contacts. If I forget to change this from "default" to "MyContacts", I have to go back into the record and change the group/folder.

Thank you for the suggestion. I've added this to my to-do list.

3) It would be great if "Notes" was also displayed on the main page. I understand that not all of the note section may fit, but would like either a new section on the main page to enter misc notes or have the 'notes' section partially displayed on the main page.

Can you clarify what you main by the "main page"? Are you referring to the Day, Week, Month calendar views? If so, you can see notes in those calendar views by clicking the "Show Notes in Calendar" command on the View menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby laavista » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:04 pm

Thanks so much for the idea to do the shortcut.

By "main page", I meant: When you double-click the contact, the first page you see in the contact editor.

Thanks again!
laavista

Postby VueSoft » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi laavista, thank you for clarifying. I'll keep your suggestion in mind.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions