On and off 'ramps' for Events

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

On and off 'ramps' for Events

Postby EnorMouse » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:41 am

Can I suggest you consider adding on and off 'ramps' for Events.

I know that at present you can add linked events, however if you look to move the primary event linking does not cause the linked events to move.

I am looking to be able to enter an event, with the specific time and date, let us say of a meeting. At the same time I am looking to allocate time either side of it, let's say for for travelling. I want all of this to be a single entry, so that if I (or someone on my behalf) looks to move it, the whole thing moves and the system knows that it requires a hole the size for both the meeting and the travel time. I want someone looking at my diary to know if I am in a meeting (when I would not welcome a non-emergency interruption) or if I am simply travelling to a meeting (when contact would be acceptable). Accordingly putting in a single event for both meeting and travel time does not work - knowing the exact start time of the meeting is also important.

For the on and off 'ramps' a standard drop down description (travel time, preparation etc) would be more useful than a narrative title/description. I would also like to be able to add separate reminders for both the event and the start of the 'on ramp'. When I do this manually, I often set the reminder for the event to trigger towards the end of the previous day and the reminder for the travel time half an hour before I need to leave.
EnorMouse

Re: On and off 'ramps' for Events

Postby VueSoft » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:05 am

Hi EnorMouse, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestion. I'll consider this for a future release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions