"today" button

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

"today" button

Postby dbutcher » Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi Dan,

we are using VueMinder Pro v11.1.1
Our most frequently used view is "Timeline" in full screen mode.
Near the top left of the screen, there are right and left arrows for scrolling through the dates of the calendar. It would be nice to have an option to quickly return to today. (Although I do not use the other views as much, I think this feature could be useful there as well.)

In the timeline view, a vertical line separates past events from present and future ones. I would like the "today" option to show today's events in the first column (ie: the vertical separation line would be at the left margin of the screen, no past events would be displayed.) But that's just being picky -- any option that restored today's events to any part of the main screen view would be very useful.

Thanks for your hard work to develop and maintain this excellent calendaring tool!

Regards,
Dave
dbutcher

Re: "today" button

Postby VueSoft » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi Dave, thank you for the suggestion. I believe this capability is already provided. You should see a "Today" button near the upper-right corner of the Timeline view (to the left of the zoom in/out buttons). Clicking the Today button will scroll the Timeline view so today's date will be the left-most column. You can also press Ctrl+T.

Please let me know if you don't see the Today button or if it's not working as you'd like.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: "today" button

Postby dbutcher » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:46 am

doh!
Sorry Dan. Yes, the button is on the top right, very prominent and performs exactly as expected.
I don't know why I didn't see it -- just fixated on the 2 arrows on the left I guess.

Thanks for quick reply.
Cheers,
Dave
dbutcher

Return to Suggestions