Request to add files to e-mail reminders

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Request to add files to e-mail reminders

Postby riftforce » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:01 am

When I set reminders for special events, I usually have either a web page link or a PDF file scheduled to pop-up when the reminder times are reached. I would like to see the ability to e-mail that PDF attachment when the reminder e-mails go out as well.

The descriptions are kept deliberately short due to texting limitations. The e-mailed attachment would be more useful for reminding someone about an event rather than a very short description.

Either that or have a way to send separate description for text messages.

Thank you.
riftforce

Re: Request to add files to e-mail reminders

Postby VueSoft » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:34 am

Hi riftforce, thank you for the suggestion. If you're talking about attachments on SMS reminders, I'm not sure if that's technically possible, due to how the SMS reminders are transmitted through email-to-SMS gateways or the SMS Matrix service. Some carriers may strip off the attachment. In any case, I'll do some more research to see if this is possible.

Email reminders with attachments are much more feasible. I've added this to my list as well, and will let you know when this feature is available.

Thanks again for the suggestion, and please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby D Mills » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:18 am

:cry: Very Sad, We have purchased this program for a email reminder type setup for our test certificates and attaching the original test cert (PDF) format would have been ideal. Being able to add the cert would save alot of unessecary typing and also easier for our clients to remember the test we are refering to in the reminder. Could you Please look at adding this feature ASAP, ive noticed this threads been open over 2 years now and still no fix?
D Mills

Postby VueSoft » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:08 am

Hi D Mills, welcome to the forums. This feature was implemented about a year an a half ago, in version 10.0. See the "Attach Files to Email Reminders" section of the page linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/index.php?mact ... eturnid=89

To attach a file to an email reminder, check the box labeled "Attach files specified on the Files tab" when configuring the email reminder. This box is located near the bottom of the Reminder tab. On the Files tab, make sure to attach whatever files you'd like sent in the email reminder.

Note, this feature does not work with SMS reminders and it is not compatible with the web-based email setup. You'll need to configure your email settings to send through SMTP or Exchange Server.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions