Additional Views

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Additional Views

Postby jon » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:49 am

You have a great product. I'd like to suggest some additional views
1. A year view in addition to the current, that shows the whole year (or even a variable 12 month period) with each month as one horizontal line. This can be done in Lightning for instance using the "Year View addon by kirgroup
2. in month view an option for row height to auto increase to show additional events
3. In addition to the existing timeline view; a gantt style view with events nestable within a heading and able to be rolledup/ un-rolled
4. A monthly (or number of weeks specifiable) grid view with each week occupying one row and the days of week as columns. Week rows should have option to auto expand to show additional events
5. Ability to "push" "pull" individual events, selected events or a whole calendar backwards or forwards by a specified number of days/ weeks/ months

I have no idea how difficult these suggestions are technically or even if I missed some of them in your existing options as I'm still finding my way around vueminders powerful features. But for me these are basic prerequisites that allow a complex schedule to be managed and analysed efficiently. Vueminder comes the closest I have found to being the "do it all" calendar programme. Addition of these suggestions will for me make it unbeatable.

Thanks

Jon
jon

Re: Additional Views

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi Jon, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestions.

1. A year view in addition to the current, that shows the whole year (or even a variable 12 month period) with each month as one horizontal line.

I have this on my list of planned improvements. I'll post a reply when it's completed. If you're using the Pro or Ultimate version, there is a Year view, but not in the format you describe.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... rview.html

2. in month view an option for row height to auto increase to show additional events

It's not automatic, but you can use the zoom in/out buttons in the upper-right corner, or hold the Ctrl key while using the scroll wheel on your mouse. There's also a settings button (looks like a gear) where you can pick a number of weeks to be displayed. The fewer the number of weeks, the more space for events to fit.

3. In addition to the existing timeline view; a gantt style view with events nestable within a heading and able to be rolledup/ un-rolled

I have this on my list of planned improvements. The Pro and Ultimate versions currently provide a Timeline view, which is somewhat similar.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... eview.html

4. A monthly (or number of weeks specifiable) grid view with each week occupying one row and the days of week as columns. Week rows should have option to auto expand to show additional events

That's currently how the Month view works, except the week rows are fixed height and based on how many weeks are selected for display. I'll see if I can make the week rows more dynamic for their height. In the meantime, if you are interested in printing a Month view with dynamically adjusted week row heights, my other product PrintableCal can do this.

5. Ability to "push" "pull" individual events, selected events or a whole calendar backwards or forwards by a specified number of days/ weeks/ months

I'm not sure I understand this one. You can click and drag events to move them. If you have multiple events selected, they'll all move when dragged.

Thanks again for the suggestions. Please let me know if you have any other ideas on how VueMinder could be improved.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Additional Views

Postby jon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:47 am

Hi Again.

Thanks for such quick and thorough response to my suggestions. Currently in the middle of Chinese New Year celebrations here so only limited time for the computer. All the improvements you mention in your reply will be welcome. As I use the program more, Ill post any additional suggestions.

Many Thanks

Jon
jon

Return to Suggestions