order of color of category

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

order of color of category

Postby simona70 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:32 am

Annoying is the fact that in the month view does not color the day from the order of the categories but if there is an event without a start time this ends up forcefully at the beginning and then is forcibly used the category of this event to color the entire day.
Simona Pisano
simona70

Re: order of color of category

Postby simona70 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:40 am

Possible to decide the color of the day according to the order of the class and not take the color for the temporal order of use of the category? The category of the appointment of the day which is first command incorrectly (in my opinion) the color.
Simona Pisano
simona70

Postby simona70 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Not solved...
Simona Pisano
simona70

Postby VueSoft » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi simona, the dates in the mini calendar will take the color of the first event occurring on that date. Since all-day events technically start at midnight, those always come first, which is why their color gets used.

I'm planning to add the ability to change the sort order or move events up/down in the date. I believe this solve the issue and allow you to select which event you want used for the date color, by moving that event to the top of the date. I'll post a reply when this feature is completed. It's near the top of my priority list for v11.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby simona70 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:06 am

It would be fantastic. I apreciate also a Category/Priority order but can decide in single day what use as color is better instead only time order. Thanks. I hope this new feature will be available soon.
Simona Pisano
simona70

Postby slvrswrd » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:24 am

This is an older thread, but is exactly what I'm looking for in VueMinder. I have multiple calendars that I bring into VM and some calendars are more important than others. I would love to be able to put a order to which events show up on top based on their priority level instead of their start times.

Possibly even a priority level for the calendar itself so that if you have multiples like I do, one calendar will stack events on top of lower priority ones.
slvrswrd

Postby gnguyen » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:58 pm

I am also looking to be able to adjust the sort or be able to determine the sort by the priority that's set. Is this possible in the latest version?
gnguyen

Postby VueSoft » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:13 pm

This feature is available in the latest version. The order of the calendar list will determine which events take priority when the colors are displayed in the mini calendar. You can re-arrange the calendar order in the calendar list by dragging-and-dropping. Calendars at the top of the list will have higher priority for the colors.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gnguyen » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:20 pm

I must have mistaken the feature request. I am only using 1 calendar in month view with events color coded by category. I'm trying to sort events based on priority or reorder the events so the highest priority is at the top.
gnguyen

Postby VueSoft » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:01 am

Hi gnguyen, thank you for clarifying. Events in the Month view are ordered by their start time, or the order they were created if they have the same start time or all-day. Unfortunately, there isn't a mechanism to use the categories or priority for sorting. However, you could cut-and-paste events to move them below other events (if they have the same start time).
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions