Filtering of selections, word wrapping in details column

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Filtering of selections, word wrapping in details column

Postby GreatLakes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:22 pm

I would like to see ability to filter the selection column (you do not have a named selection column, an arrow is displayed in the left most column when selected) in task or event list. For instance, when multi selection with shift or ctrl key, you can only quick print these selections which does not print in the same way as printing the task or event list when columns are filtered. This may be due to the fact these are window conventions. Filter selections would just have two choices then, selected or not selected.

In conjunction with above, when printing task or event list, it would be nice for the details to word wrap within its own column, at least to include more of the details. If the description is really long, then details column can be truncated but as it is this column can contain very limited number of characters. I can adjust or eliminate other columns, but amount of details seems to be fixed regardless.

Thanks.
GreatLakes

Re: Filtering of selections, word wrapping in details column

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:58 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the feedback. The Quick Print command is not intended to print the whole list. It will print whichever event is selected, using the same print layout as the print button provided at bottom of the Details Pane or at the top of the Event/Task/Note/Contact Editor windows.

The selection "column" isn't actually a column. There's no mechanism to filter the list to only show selected rows.

Regarding word-wrap of the Description column, I'll add this as an option and will post a reply when it's completed. In the meantime, you could export the list to Excel and enable word-wrapping there before printing. To export the list, click the gear button in the upper-right corner and then select "Export to Excel".
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:10 am

Thanks. Word wrap would help.

I realize that the selecting choice of rows is not really a column in VueMinder which can be filtered, but down the road could this be added. In this way, filtering on the existence of rows selected would allow printing of selected items in task list or event list to print in same way as task or event list shows on screen, rather than the more vertical listing of quick print.

Otherwise, quick print will suffice.
GreatLakes

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:30 pm

I'll add a setting to the Print window for printing only the selected rows. I'll post a reply when this improvement is completed. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks for following up on my suggestion. Printing on selected rows in task or event list is more useful than you would think.
GreatLakes

Return to Suggestions