Display and printing of descriptions in task and event list

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Display and printing of descriptions in task and event list

Postby GreatLakes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:15 pm

In the task editor, and I assume event editor window, when you have a description that exceeds a certain length on one line, or more than one line, when you look at task or event list, it truncates, which is understandable. It would be nice to have maybe ellipses i.e ... or arrow to indicate there is more on the line or arrow down to indicate more than one line in the description. I know you have a hover feature over details which shows everything, so maybe just addition of a visual indication that there is more in the description than shows in task or event list would alert me to hover over details.

In conjunction with this, when you print then it would be nice in details to have ellipses...or arrows down which prints to indicate there is more in details column than prints. Note, when you quick print the same range, then you get all the details printed.

Thanks again for terrific program and great support.
GreatLakes

Re: Display and printing of descriptions in task and event l

Postby VueSoft » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:02 am

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the suggestion. I'll improve the Description column to end with an ellipsis if text is truncated. I'll also add an advanced option to control how much text is shown before being truncated. I'll post a reply when these improvements are completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:03 am

Thanks, that would help.
GreatLakes

Postby VueSoft » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:54 am

Version 11.0 has been updated to show as much of the description as possible. If the description won't fit, it will end with an ellipsis to indicate there is additional text.

A pre-release beta is available if you'd like an early look. It can be downloaded here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1263
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions