Calendar and sync with Google

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Calendar and sync with Google

Postby simona70 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:09 pm

Hello.
I made the mistake (probably) to upload all these personal things about me in one calendar. So now Google Calendar, which I use for my appointments on smart phones, contains everything you load in the calendar.
But what is the problem? I load on the calendar that I use as a diary also all sorts of information. By the time the holiday of my parents, to information on climate and temperature, to my emotional state. The sw rightly brings everything in synchronization with google calendar.
It would make sense and exist many opportunities to add on each event added to our calendar a check mark to indicate whether to sync with google calendar event or if you ignore it for the purposes of synchronization? There google calendar a way to separate the "comments" from appointments?

Thank you for your patience in reading this absurd post.
Simona Pisano
simona70

Re: Calendar and sync with Google

Postby VueSoft » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi Simona, thank you for the feedback. One of the core features of VueMinder is the ability to define multiple "calendars" and configure each calendar to sync (or not sync) as needed. When an event is created, it can be associated with the desired calendar. VueMinder overlays events belonging to all calendars into a single view, with events color-coded based on the associated calendar.

In your case, you could define a calendar for your private events that you don't want Google to know about. To create a new calendar, use the "New -> Calendar" command on the File menu. Unless you specifically enable syncing, the calendar will default to being local to your computer only. When you create a new event that you want to be private, make sure it's associated with the private calendar by using the "Calendar" field in the Event Editor.

For your existing events, you could remove them from Google Calendar by right-clicking each event and selecting the private calendar from the "Assign to Calendar" submenu.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions