A few suggestions

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

A few suggestions

Postby Daikin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:07 am

First : excuse me, my English is not that good ... :roll:

I used EPIM Pro for years, but I discovered VueMinder and it is realy great software !! The best, simple as that ! :)

A few suggestions :

When showing day of the year, also show how much days left in that year :

- Now --> March, 31 (Day 90)
- Suggestion --> March, 31 (Day 90 / 275)

- Individual Categories for each shedule (agenda)

Optional modules (all with optional separated password-protection, apart from a Master password) :

- A diary-module
- A financial/budget-module
- A mindmapping-module
- A 'Read later website'-module (for direct storing of URL's in VueMinder)
- A webclipper/screenshot-module (to collect information direct from internet - like CaptureSaver or lite version of Evernote / Snagit) to put screenshots direct in VueMinder-maps.
- A database-module to build personal databases (like Bento - for Apple)
- A Project-module
- Optional view of sunrise en sunset (and moon) times for your location in shedule (with hover)
- Optional weather conditions (with hover) in shedule for your location
- Optional astro-sign view (Contacts or/and shedule)
- A countdown-/chrono-meter (countdown with alarm)

That must be the Ultimate Personal Information Manager worldwide !!
I know, dreams are beautiful ... ;) :D

Ps : perhaps I found a few more suggestions in the future :lol: ;)

Anyway, thanks for the great piece of software Dan !
Daikin

Re: A few suggestions

Postby Daikin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:22 am

Oh, forgot this suggestion : in Contacts please add fields (separated tab ?) for social media (Twitter, FB, YouTube-channel, Linked-In, ... )-adresses (with direct links).

Strange that this isn't already available @ 2013 ... ?

At the other side : Pager is a little bit old school anno 2013 ;)

So, VueMinder is really great, but there is so much room for improvements ! Make it the one and only unbeatable wordwide PIM Dan ! ;)
Daikin

Postby VueSoft » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi Daikin, welcome to the forums and thank you for the suggestions.

When showing day of the year, also show how much days left in that year :

- Now --> March, 31 (Day 90)
- Suggestion --> March, 31 (Day 90 / 275)

I'll add this as an advanced option.

Individual Categories for each schedule (agenda)

Categories are shared for all calendars and can be used for filtering the calendar view where all the calendars are overlaid. Changing VueMinder so that each calendar has its own list of available categories would require a very large design change. I also think it would be pretty confusing for the average user.

- A diary-module

I believe you could create notes for each date, which would basically perform as a diary module. To create a new note, click the "New -> Note" command on the File menu. The date of the note can be adjusted at the bottom of the Note Editor.

- A financial/budget-module
- A mindmapping-module
- A 'Read later website'-module (for direct storing of URL's in VueMinder)
- A webclipper/screenshot-module (to collect information direct from internet - like CaptureSaver or lite version of Evernote / Snagit) to put screenshots direct in VueMinder-maps.
- A database-module to build personal databases (like Bento - for Apple)
- A Project-module
- Optional astro-sign view (Contacts or/and shedule)
- A countdown-/chrono-meter (countdown with alarm)

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll keep these in mind for future projects.

- Optional view of sunrise en sunset (and moon) times for your location in schedule (with hover)

You can add a sunrise/sunset calendar to VueMinder, and the calendar will be tailored to your location. To do this, click the “Add Public Calendars and Holidays” command on the File menu. Expand the “More Calendars...” group and then pick “WebCal.fi” from the list. On the right side, scroll down to “Sun” and click “Download Sun to your calendar”. Click the “Settings” link to adjust settings if needed, and then click the “Subscribe Sun” button.

- Optional weather conditions (with hover) in schedule for your location

Weather can also be added, similar to how the sunrise/sunset calendar is added (see above).

Oh, forgot this suggestion : in Contacts please add fields (separated tab ?) for social media (Twitter, FB, YouTube-channel, Linked-In, ... )-adresses (with direct links).

I'll add social media fields to the Contact Editor and will post a reply when it's finished. In the meantime, if you use the Ultimate version, you can define whatever fields you'd like on the "Custom" tab. In other words, you could define URL fields for the social media sites you'd like to keep track of. When the contact is selected, entered URLs will be clickable in the Details Pane.

At the other side : Pager is a little bit old school anno 2013

Actually, there are still some professions that use pagers - especially in the medical field. I'm hesitant to remove the pager field because there are many doctor offices and hospitals using VueMinder, and I don't want to remove something they might need.

Thanks again for the suggestions!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:34 am

Version 11.0 adds the ability to define any number of URLs for a contact. Each URL can be labeled, such as Facebook, Flickr, YouTube, etc. URLs can also be opened directly from the Contact Editor or from the Details Pane after the contact is saved and selected.

Version 11.0 is currently in beta testing. If you're interested in getting an early look, you can download the beta here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1263
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions