Alt+Tab

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Alt+Tab

Postby username » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:02 pm

I don't want VueMinder to appear when I Alt+Tab through Explorer to see what's apps are open. How do I disable this nonstandard behavior? I want VueMinder to sit in the system tray until I doubleclick it with my mouse.
username

Re: Alt+Tab

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Alt-tabbing works as expected on Vista -- VueMinder is not shown in the list when running in the background. However, on Win XP, VueMinder will show up in the alt-tab list, which is not what was intended. This is not something I noticed before when testing. Thanks for letting me know. I'll investigate to see if there's a way to make alt-tabbing work the same on XP as it does on Vista.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Alt+Tab

Postby VueSoft » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:55 pm

I've done a lot of research on this, attempting to find a way to fix it for XP and not break it for Vista. It's actually a lot trickier than you might expect (thanks a lot, Microsoft!).

Anyway, I was able to at least fix the desktop calendar in version 5.0.0 so it won't appear in the Alt-Tab list on XP. The main window will continue to appear in the Alt-Tab list, but there's not much I can do about it without breaking a bunch of other stuff.

Like I said, it behaves as expected on Vista, but XP users will still see the VueMinder Calendar icon in the alt-tab list, even when the window is minimized. But now, they'll only see 1 icon instead of 2.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support