Reminders in a subscribed calendar

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Reminders in a subscribed calendar

Postby Karen » Thu May 14, 2009 10:25 am

If I import a calendar to another computer and subscribe to that same calendar, there is an option to import "event actions, reminder settings, and completion status". It imports all of those things, but does not recognize when a reminder has been snoozed from the computer that the calendar is published from. Is there a way to make subscribed calendars mirror all actions from the published calendar? If not, is there a way to disable reminder pop-ups on the subscribed calendar and still retain them on the published calendar?

Thank You,
Karen
Karen

Re: Reminders in a subscribed calendar

Postby VueSoft » Thu May 14, 2009 6:27 pm

You're correct, the snooze status does not currently get included when publishing. However, I believe this can be included, and I'll work on adding this to the next release.

Also, if a reminder has been snoozed or dismissed in a subscribed version of the calendar, but has not been snoozed or dismissed in the published version, it will redisplay the next time the subscribed calendar is updated. I'll be changing this in the next release so when a reminder has been snoozed or dismissed in a subscribed calendar, it continues to be snoozed or dismissed after the subscription is updated. I think that is probably closer to the behavior one would expect.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Reminders in a subscribed calendar

Postby VueSoft » Sun May 17, 2009 9:52 pm

VueMinder 4.1.0 has been released. This version includes the requested reminder improvements. Reminders that are snoozed on the publishing computer will be snoozed for the same length on the subscribing computer. The only exception to this is if the reminder has been previously snoozed or dismissed on the subscribing computer, in which case the snooze time or dismissal status on the subscribing computer will be preserved even after the subscription has been updated. All in all, a much more intuitive approach, and one I think you'll enjoy. Please let me know what you think of the improvements!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support