User define list for locations in events

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

User define list for locations in events

Postby gjbth » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 pm

How about having a drop down list of user defined locations when creating an event (similar to the category editor feature you have added in version 5)

My previous calendar app had this feature, the user could add locations this way and the software would automatically add a typed location if it was not already in the list, and sort the list alphabetically.

I don't know if the automatic addition feature is really that useful as locations were added which were maybe only used once and the list would then grow larger than needed.
The alphabetic sorting was a good feature though.

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Re: User define list for locations in events

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. This will be fairly easy to add, and is something we already do for some of the other input fields, like recently used pictures for popup reminders. We'll have this implemented in the next release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:55 am

This has been added in the new release (5.1.0). After entering an event location, it will be added to a drop-down list of recently used locations. Up to 30 recent locations will be available from the drop-down list.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm

excellent as usual, I feel as if I've asked for too much already, but in some future release would it be possible to have a location editor the same as the category editor. So that we can delete and add locations to the list.

Many thanks again

gjbth
gjbth

Postby VueSoft » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:50 am

Thanks for the suggestion. That's a good idea. I'll add this to my list of things to add in the future.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:34 am

Version 5.5.0 has been released and adds a Location Editor window, as requested. This can be accessed from the Tools menu, or by switching to the Location tab in the Calendar Items area. It can also be accessed from the Location field of the Event Editor. Locations can also be assigned colors, and the Day/Week/Month views will display event colors based on location when the Display Type (from View Menu) is set to Locations, or when the Locations tabs of the Calendar Items area is active.

Events can also be filtered from display based on location. This can be done using the checkboxes in the Location tab of the Calendar Items area.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions