Links to events, option to move link to different date

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Links to events, option to move link to different date

Postby GreatLakes » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:34 am

I find the link function very useful. When I scheduled an event I want to remember to perform some other task before, during or after the event. The task is usually defined on the basis of the date and time of the event. Should the event be rescheduled, then I would like the ability for the linked task, note, contact etc. to move to a date and time which is relative to the original relationship.

The way it seems to work now, when you reschedule an event you would have to remember to manually reschedule the linked task to a more appropriate date and time. In fact the linked task floats out there without the same time relationship to the rescheduled event. Unless I am missing something.

Perhaps the linked task could automatically move with the rescheduled event to retain same date and time relationship, with an indication that this is what is happening. Of course you could then manually change the linked task to date and time of my choosing instead.
GreatLakes

Re: Links to events, option to move link to different date

Postby VueSoft » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi GreatLakes, thank you for the suggestion. Currently, linked items aren't rescheduled when one of the items is moved. I can make this an option. I've added this to my to-do list and will post a reply when it's finished. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Links to events, option to move link to different date

Postby GreatLakes » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks for your quick response to my suggestion.
GreatLakes

Return to Suggestions