Cancelled Events

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Cancelled Events

Postby eHuman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:21 pm

I like to keep a record of Events that are Cancelled, together with the reason for the change. This information is useful when documenting actions related to a specific client, organization, etc. Currently I can only mark events as Completed or Delete them entirely.

Add a means of Cancelling an Event so time is freed up and reminders are cancelled, but information regarding the originally scheduled event persists and a the Reason is recorded with the Event. Cancelled events sould have a unique appearance to avoid confusion, and a means of filtering them out should be available as well.

Thanks!
-eHuman
eHuman

Re: Cancelled Events

Postby VueSoft » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:24 am

Hi eHuman, thank you for the suggestion. Rather than deleting an event, you could edit the event to show "Cancelled" before its title. The reason for the cancellation can be recorded in the Description tab of the event.

You could also create a "Cancelled" category using the Tools menu. If the View menu is configured to color events based on category (or show a color sidebar for category), then you'd be able to see a different color for the events that have been cancelled.

Cancelled events could be filtered by unchecking the "Cancelled" category on the Categories tab, next to the "Calendars" tab in the Calendar Items area of the main window.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Cancelled Events

Postby eHuman » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:55 am

Thank you for the proposed alternatives. I've been experimenting with various alternatives and I think I can find a way to work through this one.
eHuman

Return to Suggestions