Separate Calendar Selections per Layout

Have a great idea on how VueMinder could be improved? Post it here!

Separate Calendar Selections per Layout

Postby eHuman » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:24 pm

When working in Day Layout, there is space to have many subscribed to Calendars displayed, along with the list of Tasks. This is great for displaying sports schedules, astronomical events, good to know, etc ..., and all of the Tasks for that day.

When switching to Month Layout however, the Task list and these "Nice to have" calendars cause scheduled appointments to fall off the bottom of the displayed list for the day. When I switch to Month I have to individually disable the "non-critical" Calendars and the Task List to ensure all of my appointments are visible, and the re-enable them when I switch Layouts back to Day.

It would be great to be able to select separate sets of Calendars, Tasks, etc for each individual View, then have the list of displayed Calendars/Tasks automatically switch when I switch views.

It would also be great to be able to set unique lists of Calendars/Tasks for each print format, to calendars committed to Paperwould have exactly the information required in the space provided.

-eHuman
eHuman

Re: Separate Calendar Selections per Layout

Postby VueSoft » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:34 am

Hi eHuman, thank you for the suggestion. I'll need to think about this one some more. I can see it causing a lot of confusion. For example, some users don't realize their events are hidden because the box next to the calendar name is unchecked - I can't begin to imagine how many support requests I'd have if each view and print layout had its own checkbox for making calendars filtered or visible.

Maybe I could add an "advanced mode" option to the program, but I'm still not thrilled with that solution. I'll need to give this some more thought to find the right balance between flexibility and simplicity.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby eHuman » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:07 am

I understand your concern with possible confusion for basic users, and possible support issues.

Perhaps adding an extra level of protection for accessing this as an advanced feature could address this. What if an extra checkbox was added to the Program Options page to "Enable Advanced Options", and checking this box added a new "Advanced" tab to Options. Then enabling of this and other advanced features would not normally be visible to the average user.

-eHuman
eHuman

Postby VueSoft » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi eHuman, I'll add this as an advanced option and will let you know when it's completed. It won't make it into 10.0, but I have it on the list for a following release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Suggestions